• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Monomorium Minimum Colony Journal

monomorium journal antkeeping colonyfounding newqueen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline geomaniac5 - Posted June 15 2021 - 11:33 AM

geomaniac5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

6/15/2021

last week i caught two monomorium minimum queens. originally i thought they were tetramorium but i noticed a bump between their gaster and thorax, right before the gaster and that they have more defined yellow lines on their gaster. One queen died last night i think that she was unfertilized. The other queen is doing well and i think eggs are just hatching into larvae!  :)  :yahoo: I'm excited for this colony to get bigger and to raise them! I can't find a-lot of info on this colony so any info such as temperature, diet, egg to worker time, etc. is appreciated! I will updating around weekly or so.

Colonies I am keeping:

x2 Brachymyrmex Depilis Queens

x2 Camponotus Modoc Queens

x4 Tetramorium Immigrans colonies

#2 Offline geomaniac5 - Posted June 15 2021 - 11:35 AM

geomaniac5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

i accidentally posted two of these journals the other one i will be posting on

Colonies I am keeping:

x2 Brachymyrmex Depilis Queens

x2 Camponotus Modoc Queens

x4 Tetramorium Immigrans colonies

#3 Offline ANTdrew - Posted June 15 2021 - 12:12 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Here’s the thread for you, my friend: https://www.formicul...o/?fromsearch=1
  • TestSubjectOne and azzaaazzzz00 like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monomorium, journal, antkeeping, colonyfounding, newqueen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users