• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

People rating :/

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 4 2021 - 6:32 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

Not really a fan of this. I mean, being rated 3 stars isn't great for my self esteem. I mean, it helps people see who is reputable if they are a scammer or something, but you can't really see who is rating you, because your recent visitors to your profile doesn't indicate who has rated you. If you are a seller, and someone rates you horribly just because they don't like you, that could affect who buys from you. If a customer sees that someone is 1 star or something low like that, I don't think they would still want to buy from that person, even if they are truly a good seller. I don't know, I'm kind of just rambling, but let me know if you agree.

Edited by Kaelwizard, January 4 2021 - 6:36 AM.

• Manitobant, Somethinghmm, Pumpkin_Loves_Ants and 5 others like this

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted January 4 2021 - 6:36 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

I just bumped rated you 5 stars and bumped you up. Yeah, the rating thing is kind of dumb. I was 4 stars for a long time.

• Ants_Dakota and Antkeeper01 like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 4 2021 - 6:38 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

I just bumped rated you 5 stars and bumped you up. Yeah, the rating thing is kind of dumb. I was 4 stars for a long time.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I think I may have been 2 stars at one point, which I can kind of see. In 6th and 7th grade I wasn't the smartest, but I don't think I did anything that should've brought me that low.

#4 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted January 4 2021 - 6:59 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

How could THE ANTdrew be 4 stars? i wish i could rate 6 stars!

• TennesseeAnts, OhNoNotAgain and azzaaazzzz00 like this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#5 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted January 4 2021 - 7:01 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia

Its rigged i tell you.

• azzaaazzzz00 and PaigeX like this
We don’t talk about that

#6 Offline Jakerobs - Posted January 4 2021 - 7:55 AM

Jakerobs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUtah

I just bumped rated you 5 stars and bumped you up. Yeah, the rating thing is kind of dumb. 

Same

#7 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted January 4 2021 - 8:08 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

I was 4 stars for a long time.

I don't get how that's possible, but mine's been 5 stars for years! :lol:

pic5 (2).png

Edited by Ant_Dude2908, January 4 2021 - 8:09 AM.

#8 Offline ANTdrew - Posted January 4 2021 - 8:12 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
What I think happened was when I got in this big argument with an exterminator who was lurking on the forum. People dinged me for flaming him. That was years ago now.
  • TennesseeAnts, Jadeninja9, Ants_Dakota and 1 other like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#9 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted January 4 2021 - 8:13 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

What I think happened was when I got in this big argument with an exterminator who was lurking on the forum. People dinged me for flaming him. That was years ago now.

Ah, I see. That would probably do it. :rofl:

#10 Offline NickAnter - Posted January 4 2021 - 8:50 AM

NickAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

Mine was at 4 for a long time, but now it's up to five. I think that it doesn't really matter what number of stars you have on an ant forum. If you live defined by how other's see you, you will not dare to take risks.

Edited by NickAnter, January 4 2021 - 8:50 AM.

• TennesseeAnts, Kaelwizard and Ants_Dakota like this

Hi there! I went on a 6 month or so hiatus, in part due, and in part cause of the death of my colonies. 

However, I went back to the Sierras, and restarted my collection, which is now as follows:

Aphaenogaster uinta, Camponotus vicinus, Camponotus modoc, Formica cf. aserva, Formica cf. micropthalma, Formica cf. manni, Formica subpolita, Formica cf. subaenescens, Lasius americanus, Manica invidia, Pogonomyrmex salinus, Pogonomyrmex sp. 1, Solenopsis validiuscula, & Solenopsis sp. 3 (new Sierra variant). 

#11 Offline Manitobant - Posted January 4 2021 - 9:41 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
I'm also 3 stars becuse some idiot hates me. Why doesnt drew remove it?

Edited by Manitobant, January 4 2021 - 9:41 AM.

#12 Offline CheetoLord02 - Posted January 4 2021 - 10:51 AM

CheetoLord02

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

I had 2 or 3 stars for a while because people don't like my stance on illegal trade or the fact that I have exotic species without a permit. I'm back up to 4 stars now, probably because of my journals. As for the topics getting spammed with 1 star ratings, I have a distinct hunch it's a certain somebody who's Pheidole megacephala journal got a bunch of 1 star ratings being salty, although I can't prove anything.

• AnthonyP163, DDD101DDD, Fatatoille and 3 others like this

#13 Offline Spazmops - Posted January 4 2021 - 12:57 PM

Spazmops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

I didn't even know you could rate people, and I've never had a reason to.

• PaigeX likes this

Co-owner and founder of Mountain Myrmeculture and The Menagerie Discord Server

Ants I have:

1 Formica fusca group- 0 workers

1 Tetramorium immigrans colony-20 workers

1 Dorymyrmex insanus- 1 queen, used to have workers

1 large P. occidentalis colony- around 50 workers, plenty of brood

#14 Offline NickAnter - Posted January 4 2021 - 1:06 PM

NickAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

Looks like a certain person decided to put me back down to 4 stars. Wonder who that could be? :D

Hi there! I went on a 6 month or so hiatus, in part due, and in part cause of the death of my colonies. 

However, I went back to the Sierras, and restarted my collection, which is now as follows:

Aphaenogaster uinta, Camponotus vicinus, Camponotus modoc, Formica cf. aserva, Formica cf. micropthalma, Formica cf. manni, Formica subpolita, Formica cf. subaenescens, Lasius americanus, Manica invidia, Pogonomyrmex salinus, Pogonomyrmex sp. 1, Solenopsis validiuscula, & Solenopsis sp. 3 (new Sierra variant). 

#15 Offline ponerinecat - Posted January 4 2021 - 1:26 PM

ponerinecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

It's an inconsequential set of numbers assigned by random people on the internet, just don't even pay attention to it. Whether you get one star or five has no affect on your life. If you're feeling down about it, the root cause isn't your low rating but a lack of independence from others. Taking some time to appreciate yourself based on your own merits and not the opinions of others will help with this problem and numerous others far more than increasing your internet ranking will. The world is a tough place, but you shouldn't let yourself bend to whatever challenges come your way.

• Zeiss, CheetoLord02, ANTdrew and 4 others like this

#16 Offline ZTYguy - Posted January 4 2021 - 1:29 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

I am sad, I have been at 5 stars for months now but literally one hour ago I was put down to four. What have I done!?!

Ant Keeping Since June 2018
Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

Hoping to Catch This season:

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

#17 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted January 4 2021 - 1:31 PM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (SoCal)

I am sad, I have been at 5 stars for months now but literally one hour ago I was put down to four. What have I done!?!

AwhwkfBRoKOxUUbWdYMnUwFX5yECJ5rrGZ8ukhi-

• CheetoLord02, Somethinghmm, DDD101DDD and 1 other like this

#18 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 4 2021 - 1:44 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

It's an inconsequential set of numbers assigned by random people on the internet, just don't even pay attention to it. Whether you get one star or five has no affect on your life. If you're feeling down about it, the root cause isn't your low rating but a lack of independence from others. Taking some time to appreciate yourself based on your own merits and not the opinions of others will help with this problem and numerous others far more than increasing your internet ranking will. The world is a tough place, but you shouldn't let yourself bend to whatever challenges come your way.

Well I mean if a customer goes to a seller's profile and sees a low rating, that could also affect that. However I do understand what you are saying, but it's still kind of dumb that you are even able to rate another person. Rating a picture or thread I understand, but rating a person is just weird and potentially insulting if it is a low rating. The only use I see for it is to point out someone who is a scammer or something like that, but even then it could be a reputable person who someone just wanted to bring down.

Also, I don’t think anyone likes being disliked, so when someone sees that they have a low rating I’m sure they won’t be the happiest.

Edited by Kaelwizard, January 4 2021 - 1:52 PM.

• Fatatoille likes this

#19 Offline ZTYguy - Posted January 4 2021 - 2:16 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

were you the one who did this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ant Keeping Since June 2018
Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

Hoping to Catch This season:

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

#20 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted January 4 2021 - 2:21 PM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (SoCal)

were you the one who did this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, everyone has the means and the method, I merely presented possible motivation

• ZTYguy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users