• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Formiculture Email Problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline dspdrew - Posted October 11 2020 - 4:11 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

In case anyone is wondering, the Formiculture.com server is currently unable to send emails to email addresses with Microsoft, Apple, or Google owned domains. This has been this way for a couple months now, and will be until I finish building the new server. Because of this, many validation emails never go out, and therefor accounts cannot be validated automatically. I go through and validate the accounts myself usually, but sometimes it might be days before I get to it.

Until the new server is finished, to get validated automatically, you might want to try using a different email address just for validation, then once the new server is finished, you can change it to whatever you want. Another way to be validated faster is to just go in the chat room and request it.

Sorry about the inconvenience. It's taking me much longer than expected to finish this project. Once the new server is finished, the forum should be a little faster.

• EthanNgo678, TennesseeAnts, rbarreto and 5 others like this

#2 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted October 16 2020 - 8:55 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

will the new server look the same?

• TechAnt likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#3 Offline Antkeeper01 - Posted October 16 2020 - 8:59 AM

Antkeeper01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationA random state in the US

yeah will it?

1X Pogonomyrmex occidentalis 40-50 Workers

1X Solenopsis molesta 10 Workers (mono)

Ants I Want: Crematogaster sp, Camponotus Sp., Ponera Pennsylvanica, Mymercocystus sp.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kUjx-dPFMyVqOLw

Join Our Fledgling Discord Server https://discord.com/...089056687423489

#4 Offline atrix - Posted October 23 2020 - 8:51 PM

atrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I received a password reset email on my Gmail address on October 18th, though they were automatically filed into spam. 

#5 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted October 24 2020 - 9:18 PM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

i got the formiculture email about the new posts on my gmail address

not sure if that is the email you are speaking of tho

My YouTube channel :)

#6 Offline dspdrew - Posted October 25 2020 - 10:53 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

No, but I have a feeling you are actually wondering if the website will look the same. This has nothing to do with the website, only the hardware it runs on.

I received a password reset email on my Gmail address on October 18th, though they were automatically filed into spam. 

It's possible some emails may go through, and yes, they probably will end up in your spam folder. Most of these large email providers automatically consider any email junk unless it's sent from a well-known email domain. You should be able to whitelist formiculture.com to keep that from happening.

• Ants_Dakota and Swirlysnowflake like this

#7 Offline AleeGuy - Posted October 25 2020 - 8:47 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia
Emails is more easier rather than checking notifications everyday

Edited by AleeGuy, October 25 2020 - 8:49 PM.

#8 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted October 26 2020 - 5:41 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

No, but I have a feeling you are actually wondering if the website will look the same. This has nothing to do with the website, only the hardware it runs on.

It's possible some emails may go through, and yes, they probably will end up in your spam folder. Most of these large email providers automatically consider any email junk unless it's sent from a well-known email domain. You should be able to whitelist formiculture.com to keep that from happening.

opps. sorry. yes that is what i meant. thanks for all the hard work you put into formiculture!!!

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#9 Offline Devi - Posted October 28 2020 - 9:04 AM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

opps. sorry. yes that is what i meant. thanks for all the hard work you put into formiculture!!!

Yeah, I have my FC emails marked as "Important" so all the emails I get I see before the others.  Lol

• TennesseeAnts and Ants_Dakota like this

#10 Offline dspdrew - Posted January 14 2021 - 3:07 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

The new server isn't finished yet, but I managed to fix the temporary email problem. I actually had email validations disabled for the last couple months, but they are back on now since there shouldn't be any problems receiving emails anymore.

• Scherme likes this

#11 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted January 14 2021 - 6:21 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia
Yup I got two emails this morning.
We don’t talk about that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users