• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Queen stopped laying eggs!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Mihai274 - Posted July 31 2020 - 10:31 PM

Mihai274

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Hi I live in Romania and i have a tetramorium queen with 6 workers.It s been like almost 2 weeks since the last worker and i have noticed that the queen havent layed and eggs.The temperature is like 26 degree celsius.Should i move them to a formicarium, probably they are stressed since they live in a test tube and i move it every 2 days to feed them.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A505FN folosind Tapatalk

#2 Offline Croux - Posted August 1 2020 - 3:53 AM

Croux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
You're likely disturbing them too often. If they're a new founding they don't need food so often.

#3 Offline AntsDakota - Posted August 1 2020 - 6:37 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

Oftentimes queens take egg laying breaks, especially with small colonies. Eggs come in batches, and she isn't in the middle of laying one right now. I would give them an outworld, however Tetramorium are pretty hardy when it comes to being checked on, and are unlikely to be affected when being checked every couple of days. 

• TestSubjectOne likes this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users