• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ants Russia

formicaria

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline to_be_announced - Posted July 31 2020 - 12:43 PM

to_be_announced

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSouth East Minnesota

Has anyone used a formicarium from Ants Russia? They have some pretty cool looking setups like this one.  Was just curious if anyone has been able to get a hold of one and what you thought of it and how you got it.

159.jpg

Currently keeping Tetramorium Immigrans and Camponotus Pennsylvanicus in THA mini hearths.  I also have a couple Prenolepis Imparus queens in test tubes.

#2 Offline Skwiggledork - Posted July 31 2020 - 1:30 PM

Skwiggledork

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationUlster county, NY

I bought one of the acrylic (X8 maybe) nests/outworlds before the English website went down and hasn't come back up. My Tetramorium were able to get out of the nest.. and later found their way out of the outworld. Now that I have glued the seams in the outworld I love it, but I tossed the nest. I could never get the hydration to work. It was two test tubes that attached to one side of the nest and has some water gel that it supposed to slowly pull water out of the test tubes and stay hydrated for a week or more.

After the English website went down, I used my web browser to translate the Russian site and ordered a different nest and another outworld. It never arrived, I never got a shipping notification and their customer service says it showed delivered, so no refund. I'm willing to believe it's my fault and I ordered it wrong on a poorly translated site that I wasn't supposed to be ordering through though. I hope if they did ship it and it got delivered to a random person, that they found out what it was and now has an awesome colony. lol

• to_be_announced likes this

#3 Offline Antkid12 - Posted July 31 2020 - 1:33 PM

Antkid12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia

You can buy it from Etsy.

• Skwiggledork and to_be_announced like this

Ants I have: Tapinoma sessile(2 queen colony). RED MORPH Camponotus neacticus(now has pupae!), Tetramorium immigrans (x3), Aphaenogaster sp, Temnothorax sp, Brachymyrmex sp.   possibly infertile   :(,  Ponera pennsylvanica, and Pheidole morrisi!  :yahoo: 

Other insects: Polistes sp. Queen

Ants I need: Pheidole sp., Trachymyrmex sp., Crematogaster cerasi , Dorymyrmex sp. Most wanted: Pheidole morrisii

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: formicaria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users