• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Bork bork bork from Sweden!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Gray Earl - Posted September 28 2013 - 4:55 AM

Gray Earl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hiho!

Johan's my name and I got into the hobby of keeping ants just this year when I saw some Lasius niger queens walking around back in june. In hindsight I wish that I caught some L.flavus ones as well but oh well, there's always next year!

Daytime I serve tea and make fancy coffee and milk art as a barista, once evening comes however I'm brainstorming ideas for the next formicarium build, needless to say I've caught the antkeeping bug.

Now how did a Swedish bloke manage to find his way here? Well, I'm glad that you asked!

I hunted the internet for inspiration and diy guides as I had no idea on how to setup my three queens beyond the tried and true test tube. I stumbled on a half active swedish ant forum as well as antdudes yuku great formicarium thread before it got stickied, then unstickied and then stickied once again.
Now I like to think that I'm pretty decent at english and getting my message across but I'm fairly sure I would have driven antdude insane with my errors down the line.

Then I spotted dspdrew link in his signature, and here I am! 

#2 Offline wook - Posted September 28 2013 - 7:34 AM

wook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Welcome to the forum, hope you will find answers you search for.

Enjoy your stay. :)

...:::]|wook|[:::...

#3 Offline WeatherAnt - Posted September 28 2013 - 1:33 PM

WeatherAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Glad you found your way here. Welcome!

#4 Offline Mercutia - Posted September 28 2013 - 4:13 PM

Mercutia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Haha. Welcome!

#5 Offline Myrmecologeek - Posted October 23 2013 - 9:27 PM

Myrmecologeek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Seeing that you serve tea, I just got curious as to whether your forum name (Gray Earl) has something to do with Earl Gray (the tea) haha. :) Just a thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users