• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Looking to buy an ant colony before Xmas near Los Angeles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline colelovesants - Posted November 20 2018 - 10:31 AM

colelovesants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi. Desperately looking for an ant colony to buy for my son for Christmas. He’s obsessed with ants. I’m new to this forum and to ants in general so any information or tips would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

#2 Offline sirjordanncurtis - Posted November 20 2018 - 1:03 PM

sirjordanncurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationPalo Alto, California

The GAN project is a pretty easy way to get ants quickly, although it's extremely expensive. You'll have to post your location onto your profile to participate in trade on the forum. Where are you from? We have a bunch of people from many different states and countries, and they can help you out based on where you're from.

#3 Offline AntsBC - Posted November 20 2018 - 2:09 PM

AntsBC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

VuJoP1J6OTC1AXa8sY0YogSlkuWe94_XvSA7puld

https://www.antscana...ants-for-sale/ is the website for GAN. Hopefully, the photo above explains how to get to California's sellers. Most colonies are highly overpriced like Jordan said, but if you're really desperate and can't find anyone here it might be your best bet. Also, I suggest you check out NurbsAnt Adoption.

Fyi, everyone, this user is from Los Angeles. 

Edited by AntsBC, November 21 2018 - 10:56 AM.

My Active Journals:

Formica pacifica

Formica planipilis (Parasitic sp.)

Instagram // YouTube 

#4 Offline OldManTrashcan - Posted November 21 2018 - 11:11 PM

OldManTrashcan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLos Angles, CA

Nurbs is a good option, he has a some colonies for sale, heres his store page http://www.formicult...los-angeles-ca/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users