• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Workers with polygynous queen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline HaydenP - Posted September 18 2018 - 8:16 AM

HaydenP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I’ve caught 2 pheidole Queens, and I have one in a test tube setup and one in a setup with workers. I didn’t put them both in the same setup in case one or the other didn’t work. If it is recommended, I can switch this around. The workers seem to be really cool with the one queen in there, and I don’t know if two queens will mess up the chemistry. What should I feed the one with workers? And should I feed the queen that doesn’t have workers as well? I believe it was a colony formed by budding, and I really want to keep a pheidole colony. Any info would be great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users