• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

EthanNgo678's ant journal

formica camponotus natural setup roly polys

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline EthanNgo678 - Posted September 5 2018 - 3:54 PM

EthanNgo678

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationMarin, Ca

I got a Formica francoeuri colony and a Camponotus salsabeans colony from StopSpazzing. I got the formica colony with about 20 workers and they almost died and now they have only 4 workers. I originally but them in a miny heath. But then more than half of them died from the yellow fungus. Now they are in a much bigger natural setup that I built with my friend. It has plants and Armadillidiidae sp. I have the Camponotus colony in a Fortress, they have larva and pupa. Each colony seams to be doing just fine at the moment.

• DaveJay likes this

Plants r cool

#2 Offline EthanNgo678 - Posted September 8 2018 - 11:56 AM

EthanNgo678

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationMarin, Ca

Update:

The Formica francoeuri colony is doing bad. Now they only have the  queen and1 worker I moved them back into a testube.

Plants r cool

#3 Offline EthanNgo678 - Posted September 12 2018 - 6:18 PM

EthanNgo678

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationMarin, Ca

Update:

Good news and bad news. Lets start with the bad news sadly the Formica queen passed away, she has been on her back twitching since this morning. The good news is that the Camponotus queen has laid some eggs, a good pile of around ten. She also has three or four larva. But she did lose three workers 

Edited by EthanNgo678, September 23 2018 - 12:43 PM.

Plants r cool

#4 Offline EthanNgo678 - Posted September 23 2018 - 12:43 PM

EthanNgo678

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationMarin, Ca

Update:

This morning I got two new colonies for my birthday. A pavement and rover ant colony. I moved the rover ant colony into a miny hearth designed for small sp. 

http://s347.photobuc...t]=1&sort=1&o=0

IMG-0543_zpsd3k8wm4y.jpg.html?filters%5B

I need help, my carpenter ant colony has been dropping in workers and doesn't except protein. What should I do?

Edited by EthanNgo678, September 23 2018 - 1:17 PM.

Plants r cool

#5 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted September 23 2018 - 4:17 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Try fruit flies for your Camponotus.

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#6 Offline WestLA_DO - Posted September 23 2018 - 5:24 PM

WestLA_DO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOrange County, previously West Los Angeles
My C. sansabeanus colony doesn't like fruit flies, they actually seem afraid of them, but give it a try anyway. Mine likes cut up mealworms and cut up dubia roaches the most so give those a try too.

#7 Offline EthanNgo678 - Posted September 28 2018 - 6:03 AM

EthanNgo678

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationMarin, Ca

Update: The camponotus have not been doing good, ever since I moved them into a fortress :( . The rover ant queen died, but her workers are still alive :*( . The tetramorium have a big pile of brood :D . 

Plants r cool

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: formica, camponotus, natural setup, roly polys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users