• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Acromyrmex versicolor - need some tips

acromyrmex versicolor acromyrmex versicolor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Mariusz - Posted August 20 2018 - 9:57 AM

Mariusz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello! 

I have chance to start colony from a single queen and here I need some help. I know this species is desert species. It means that these need less humidity and higher temperature? From what I read it means that they need 100 humidity and abou 23-25 degrees Celsius - just how by "normal" (Atta sexdens, Acromyrmex coronatus etc.) leafcutter ants. They eat normal leaves like other lefcutter ants? They have majors etc? Which sizes are workers? How big colony can be?

Thanks for all advices!

#2 Offline KBant - Posted August 20 2018 - 2:33 PM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Did you see the search bar? Type in “acromyrmex”

Thanks me later
  • Zeiss and sirjordanncurtis like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acromyrmex versicolor, acromyrmex, versicolor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users