Myrmica sp. ID Rochester, NY 8/9/18
Offline - Posted August 9 2018 - 3:23 PM
1. Location (on a map) of collection: Rochester, NY
2. Date of collection: N/A
3. Habitat of collection: On a pothole
4. Length (from head to gaster): 4-6 mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Black head, reddish thorax, black gaster.
6. Distinguishing characteristics: N/A
7. Distinguishing behavior: Loves humidity
8. Nest description: N/A
9. Nuptial flight time and date: N/A
My Ants For Sale
My Ant Journal
Offline - Posted August 9 2018 - 7:04 PM
Myrmica generally need to be examined under a microscope to get an ID.
- AntsAreUs likes this
If you've enjoyed using my expertise and identifications, please do not create undue ecological risk by releasing your ants. The environment which we keep our pet insects is alien and oftentimes unsanitary, so ensure that wild populations stay safe by giving your ants the best care you can manage for the rest of their lives, as we must do with any other pet.
Exotic ants are for those who think that vibrant diversity is something you need to pay money to see. It is illegal to transport live ants across state lines.
Black lives still matter.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users