• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Aussie in UK

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline waywind - Posted July 29 2018 - 9:19 AM

waywind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi all,

I've started keeping ants basically from various ant youtube channels and various resources from here, so thought I'd finally say hi.

I'm an aussie engineer currently working in the UK, due to go back to Australia next year sometime. I'm staying with a friend who's also had an interest with ants; London recently had a swarm of ant mating a few weeks ago, so I managed to snag a few. Pretty sure they're all lasius niger, but feel free to correct me!

ACC Nests
Queen ant #1 - lasius niger
Queen ant #2 - lasius niger

I also made small founding nests out of ACC block. I've only put in one queen in there, as I wanted to just try them out. I already made a mistake with the hydration system of one, so I've connected it up to one that has a capillary action reservoir (trying to mimic dspdrew's acrylic box setup). I'm hoping once the first nest dries out, the queen will move over to the proper one.

Cheers,

waywind.

• DaveJay likes this

#2 Offline DaveJay - Posted July 30 2018 - 3:12 AM

DaveJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia
G'day, welcome to the forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic