• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Camponotus Nearcticus for sale NY

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline disasterants - Posted July 27 2018 - 11:23 AM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

I found a Camponotus nearcticus queen this year and Now that she's got 2 workers, i'm putting her up for sale. she's off to a kind of slow start with her colony (since she only has 2 nanitics) but she is taking care of her brood pile and her workers are hunting fruit flies for her and eating honey so I'm sure she will do fine. 

#2 Offline disasterants - Posted July 27 2018 - 11:25 AM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

i'm thinking $30 for her...

#3 Offline Major - Posted July 27 2018 - 5:00 PM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York
When did you catch her? I found a Nearcticus queen in May and she has almost 10 workers.

#4 Offline disasterants - Posted August 3 2018 - 9:02 AM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

When did you catch her? I found a Nearcticus queen in May and she has almost 10 workers.

I caught her a few months ago outside my school as a matter of fact... if you want to see that i have a video on my Y/t channel called queen ant found at my school or something... what do you feed them? they are quite picky and i have only gotten her to eat fruit flies and a i fed her a jumping spider this morning(since i'm running low on flies and am using the last of mine to start breeding them) and she showed interest but not too much... 

here's the video: 

#5 Offline disasterants - Posted August 3 2018 - 9:04 AM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

I have started a journal on my queen if you guys want to see that:

http://www.formicult...cticus-journal/

#6 Offline disasterants - Posted August 3 2018 - 9:10 AM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

hey, i caught her around the time that you caught yours... how did you get her up to so many workers!?!

#7 Offline Major - Posted August 3 2018 - 9:15 AM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
I heat them with a heating pad and feed them quite a bit. Their diet consists of mealworms and honey water soaked into a cotton ball. Their is a possibility of her also being C. Pennsylvanicus but I sold her and didn't get to ID her properly.
  • disasterants likes this

#8 Offline disasterants - Posted August 5 2018 - 5:45 PM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

I heat them with a heating pad and feed them quite a bit. Their diet consists of mealworms and honey water soaked into a cotton ball. Their is a possibility of her also being C. Pennsylvanicus but I sold her and didn't get to ID her properly.

so... you interested in buying her? ill lower my price down for you to $20 but i can't really go any lower than that considering the price of ups ground overnight shipping... 

#9 Offline Major - Posted August 5 2018 - 6:34 PM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

so... you interested in buying her? ill lower my price down for you to $20 but i can't really go any lower than that considering the price of ups ground overnight shipping...

I never said I wanted to buy. You asked how I got my queen to so many workers and I replied. How does that convey the message that I would want to buy?

#10 Offline disasterants - Posted August 7 2018 - 6:43 AM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

I never said I wanted to buy. You asked how I got my queen to so many workers and I replied. How does that convey the message that I would want to buy?

oh, okay. sorry

#11 Offline happypilot111 - Posted August 12 2018 - 7:44 PM

happypilot111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I want to buy for 20

#12 Offline kingz2015 - Posted October 14 2018 - 5:06 PM

kingz2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip