• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Buying queen ants to take over the world (Oregon)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Trythis22 - Posted July 2 2018 - 7:36 PM

Trythis22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Update 8-22-18

Probably won't be any new ants until next spring/summer but nothing beats free advertising so... I need 17 more Tetramorium colonies. I am also interested in other species, especially if you have large quantities of them. Prices are below and are negotiable. Nuptial flights can include hundreds of fertile queens and this is an excellent opportunity for someone who caught more than they can care for to make some quick money. Newly caught and in test tube setup is preferred but due to the lack of ant suppliers in Oregon I will buy older colonies as well. 

The title is a joke, although I wouldn't mind if my colony grew to 100,000+. Anyways, here's the list of species native or naturalized to Oregon that I am willing to buy: https://www.antweb.o...e=United States.

I will only buy newly caught queens to ensure accurate lifespan recordings and "status" of the queens. "Newly caught" being defined either as a queen by herself or a queen with less than 10 nanitics, and in no case having been in captivity for longer than 6 months. They must be properly identified and pictures available. I'll have a base rate of $10 per queen with the going rate for more desirable queens being higher to compensate. The base rate for Tapinoma Sessile, Lasius Flavus, Formica Sanguinea is $30. The base rate can be multiplied by whatever you think the queen is actually worth and we can negotiate from there. 

I will buy up to 10 queens per seller (to minimize risk), but will buy more once I find that the nanitics are actual workers, not drones. Here's the link to what exactly I'm doing with that many queens: http://www.formicult...el-ant-keeping/

Edited by Trythis22, August 22 2018 - 4:17 PM.

#2 Offline KBant - Posted July 3 2018 - 5:12 AM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
LOLOLOLOLLLL

#3 Offline KBant - Posted July 3 2018 - 5:13 AM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Base rate, 10 bucks, 30 bucks, 6 month minimum, minimize risk. Man I got a good a laugh. Thanks bro

#4 Offline sgheaton - Posted July 3 2018 - 5:44 AM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I want to watch you barter for other goods and commodities.......

Edited by sgheaton, July 3 2018 - 5:44 AM.

"I'm the search bar! Type questions into me and I'll search within the forums for an answer!"

#5 Offline GeorgeK - Posted July 3 2018 - 6:23 AM

GeorgeK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSiberia

I have ~30 tetra and ~20 flavus queens. You pay the shipping

#6 Offline Canadian anter - Posted July 3 2018 - 7:18 AM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

I have ~30 tetra and ~20 flavus queens. You pay the shipping

This is illegal there, though I had a good laugh. They just changed it though. He can now only take Lasius brevicornis and Tetramorium immigrans.
Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#7 Offline Trythis22 - Posted July 5 2018 - 9:29 PM

Trythis22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Hey KBant, I'm glad I could be of service. 

sgheaton, I negotiate contracts for a living. I don't think ants are as high stake, but please understand I'm targeting bulk distributors who often cannot keep as many as they catch because of (insert reason). I think my rates are reasonable, especially given the fact that the seller holds all the cards? If I don't pay his rates, he doesn't sell. I am very open to negotiation. 

Hi George, unfortunately I will not take shipped ants. If you want to ship, it probably means you are out of state. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

I have 25/30 slots remaining for my tests as of now. I may buy more in the future but I think once I hit my limit I can go a long time without any more. Don't hesitate to message if you want to sell! 

Edited by Trythis22, July 5 2018 - 9:30 PM.

• AntPhycho likes this

#8 Offline GeorgeK - Posted July 7 2018 - 3:54 PM

GeorgeK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSiberia

Hey KBant, I'm glad I could be of service. 

sgheaton, I negotiate contracts for a living. I don't think ants are as high stake, but please understand I'm targeting bulk distributors who often cannot keep as many as they catch because of (insert reason). I think my rates are reasonable, especially given the fact that the seller holds all the cards? If I don't pay his rates, he doesn't sell. I am very open to negotiation. 

Hi George, unfortunately I will not take shipped ants. If you want to ship, it probably means you are out of state. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

I have 25/30 slots remaining for my tests as of now. I may buy more in the future but I think once I hit my limit I can go a long time without any more. Don't hesitate to message if you want to sell! 

I'm out of continent, but post service claims that they should be there in 4-7 working days. Should be fine by then

#9 Offline dspdrew - Posted July 9 2018 - 11:04 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

The title is a joke, although I wouldn't mind if my colony grew to 100,000+. Anyways, here's the list of species native or naturalized to Oregon that I am willing to buy: https://www.antweb.o...e=United States.

I will only buy newly caught queens to ensure accurate lifespan recordings and "status" of the queens. "Newly caught" being defined either as a queen by herself or a queen with less than 10 nanitics, and in no case having been in captivity for longer than 6 months. They must be properly identified and pictures available. I'll have a base rate of $10 per queen with the going rate for more desirable queens being higher to compensate. The base rate for Tapinoma Sessile, Lasius Flavus, Formica Sanguinea is $30. The base rate can be multiplied by whatever you think the queen is actually worth and we can negotiate from there. 

I will buy up to 10 queens per seller (to minimize risk), but will buy more once I find that the nanitics are actual workers, not drones. Here's the link to what exactly I'm doing with that many queens: http://www.formicult...el-ant-keeping/

8. Members must accurately represent their location in their Member Profile to participate in offers to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise distribute living ants of any caste or life stage.

• dermy likes this

#10 Offline Trythis22 - Posted July 9 2018 - 11:55 AM

Trythis22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

George, I'm sorry to say I won't take any ants that are from out of state. There are plenty of reasons why.

Hi Drew. Sorry about that, I've added my location in my profile. 

Edit: As of July 27th, I have 17/30 slots open for Tetramorium Immigrans. I've decided to keep other species for fun since the 30 colonies previously mentioned are for testing purposes so please remember that this is an advertisement to buy queen ants. You can message me any time if you are in the state of Oregon and want to sell your ants.  

Edited by Trythis22, July 27 2018 - 7:30 PM.

#11 Offline mike.omeg - Posted September 15 2018 - 11:52 AM

mike.omeg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationThe Dalles, OR, USA

I have all of T. immigrans queens you need.  My kids love collecting them in our yard.  They are in test tubes and have nan's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users