• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Are Azteca ants rare?

azteca ants

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline MrJoeCastelli - Posted June 23 2018 - 12:15 PM

MrJoeCastelli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida
Hey everybody, I have a quick question I was wondering if Azteca ants are rare? I’ve done some searching online and I haven’t really seen many people with colonies of their own from Ant keepers anywhere in the world maybe I didn’t look hard enough? I was interested in learning a little bit about them but I couldn’t find too much information just some simple stuff. If anybody knows if they are a rare species or just not common let me know.
Thanks

#2 Offline Aaron567 - Posted June 23 2018 - 12:39 PM

Aaron567

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationPensacola, FL

Azteca is quite a large genus with over 100 species and they seem to be one of the more common ants found in the Neotropics. They are only present in South and Central America so it would make sense that not many people keep them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users