• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Possible Nuptial Flight Soon?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Adrielm - Posted June 22 2018 - 4:14 PM

Adrielm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I snapped these photos at about 5:30 P.M and was wondering if it might just be a collection of alates on top of a Pogonomyrmex nest or if there will be a nuptial flight soon? Do alates ever gather at the top of the nest like that even if they are not going to fly? It rained yesterday for a majority of the day and it had been the first rain for about two months. I live in south Texas and live in a city that is invaded my Solenopsis invicta. I get very excited when I see a possibility to own a new ant species because Pogonomyrmex barbatus is my dream ant! I have never found a fertile  Pogonomyrmex queen in my on-and-off 10 years of ant keeping.
N3
N2

Edited by Adrielm, June 22 2018 - 4:16 PM.

#2 Offline Solenoqueen - Posted June 23 2018 - 8:25 PM

Solenoqueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
Great! I hope to see your wish come true.

:>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users