• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

PirateChef's Tetramorium Journal

tetramorium colorado

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline piratechef - Posted June 19 2018 - 11:49 AM

piratechef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationFrontrange , Colorado

Hello all I have caught three Tetramorium queens so far this season, I wasnt going to make a journal until their workers started to arrive. But I can across a grouping of pupae while anting the other day and thought I would try my hand at brood boosting.

June 5th queen size shot
pavement Ant nest2
pavement Ant nest
queen A Egg shot

So after collecting some of the pupae brood boosted my experimental queen, I'm calling queen c for now, with some great success.

Picture when I just added the pupae, I'm guessing it was around 20-25
queen C brood boost #0

queen C brood boost #1
This was after this first night i woke up and found one them had enclosed and was helping her rearrange the nest

queen C brood boost #3

queen C Brood boost #6
The next day when more started to enclose I fed them some raw honey and some frozen fruit flies
queen C brood boost #8
queen C
Now they have around 10 workers total and are loving the food I gave them, the queen already has laid more eggs, her initial eggs are now larva. After the rest of the pupae enclose I should be able to move them into a Formicarium finally
I'm so excited :D
I just wanted to say thank you all for your help on here, I'm having a great first season anting. I have 5 queens now and 3 different species. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users