• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

ID Confirmation 6/17/18

Best Answer Batspiderfish , June 17 2018 - 5:02 PM

Tapinoma sessile

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted June 17 2018 - 4:28 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

I am aware about using the template and sorry for not doing so...

Anyway I caught this queen a couple hours ago on a hot, humid day. I believe they just had a flight. She is small (5-6 mm). I'm pretty sure they are Nylanderia parvula.

kZxdqld.jpg?1

y09o7D9.jpg?1

Edited by AntsAreUs, June 17 2018 - 5:11 PM.

#2 Offline Batspiderfish - Posted June 17 2018 - 5:02 PM   Best Answer

Batspiderfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Tapinoma sessile

If you've enjoyed using my expertise and identifications, please do not create undue ecological risk by releasing your ants. The environment which we keep our pet insects is alien and oftentimes unsanitary, so ensure that wild populations stay safe by giving your ants the best care you can manage for the rest of their lives, as we must do with any other pet.

Exotic ants are for those who think that vibrant diversity is something you need to pay money to see. It is illegal to transport live ants across state lines.

----

Black lives still matter.

#3 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted June 17 2018 - 5:09 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

Tapinoma sessile

I thought so, although she does seem pretty fat. I was thinking it could possibly be Nylanderia but I guess not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users