• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

4 nanitics and a drone?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline CNewton - Posted May 30 2018 - 5:35 PM

CNewton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBatavia, NY

This is my (possible) C. novaeboracensis. Previously, I wrote about how bad I was my first year with Camponotus, so her nanitics didn’t eclose until after hibernation. Once these 4 did, I gave her a mini outworld and wrappered her tube in foil. I finally checked on her. She has a huge pile of eggs, a couple more pupae and what looks like a naked drone. I just wanted to post this, I thought it was kinda neat. I wish she would work on making more workers before worrying about alates though!
  • Enderz and Ant Broski like this

#2 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted May 30 2018 - 9:35 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Cool looking colony! I would highly recommend you heat them on one side of the tube if you are not already. It is essential for Camponotus.

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#3 Offline CNewton - Posted May 31 2018 - 12:32 AM

CNewton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBatavia, NY
They are on a cable. They havent been heavy feeders, but by the look of it once the eggs hatch they might be busy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users