I created a new website: antkeeping.info and wanted to share it with you.
The main purpose of this website is to collect all relevant data for ant keeping for example:
- Information about ant species (flight month, food, distribution, sizes, colony structure etc.)
- Flight data (Map, flight frequency statistic etc.)
- All information editable online by some registered users
- Food (nutrition values, rating system) - not implemented yet -
- Links to Web sites (Wikis, Forums, Shops, Blogs etc.) - not implemented yet -
- Public REST-API so other websites/apps can access the data too - not implemented yet -
All the data should also be searchable (for example search for all species with a length greater than 8 mm) - not implemented yet -
Currently, three major views are implemented:
You can see all species for a specific country/state - currently, only the list of Germany is complete -
You can view detailed information for each ant species. - a lot of information is missing for most of the species -
You can view nuptial flights on a map and add new flights. This can be done by everybody even without an account.
A bar chart illustrating the flight frequency per month is automatically created and updated:
As you can see a lot of information is still missing, so I need people who want to contribute to the project by adding data. Programmers are of course also very welcome, since I only develop the website in my spare time.
You can add suggestions/report bugs here in this thread, or directly on the GitHub project page.
Edited by Barristan, May 23 2018 - 2:06 PM.