Based on my own research this seems to be a Solenopsis Sp. Looking at photos it closely resembles Solenopsis Invicta. I am fairly confident this is the correct ID but due to my extremely limited experience (essentially nil) I was hoping to get a second opinion to confirm. Thanks!
1. Location (on a map) of collection: Indio, CA
2. Date of collection: 5/11/18
3. Habitat of collection: Found on the carpet inside the house, property is on a small man-made ski lake, but backs immediately on to desert.
4. Length (from head to gaster): 8mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Dark Brownish Red with golden patterning and small golden hairs
6. Distinguishing characteristics: 2 Petinole nodes,
7. Distinguishing behavior:
8. Nest description: N/A
9. Nuptial flight time and date: Unknown