1. Location: Rockville, Maryland
2. Date of collection: 3/24/18
3. Habitat of collection: under a rain gutter in a suburban lawn.
4. Length (from head to gaster): 10mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: dark orange
6. Distinguishing characteristics: long and thin, may be worker?
7. Distinguishing behavior:
8. Nest description: I didn't dig her up but found her wandering around the entrance of a nest of yellow Lasius.
9. Nuptial flight time and date: no nuptial flights happening
I couldn't upload my pictures directly but here is the imgur link to them.
I think the ant is a ponerine and I'm stoked to finally find one.
Edited by William. T, May 9 2018 - 3:24 PM.