• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Miles' Crematogaster sp. Journal (Discontinued)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Miles - Posted October 15 2015 - 5:18 PM

Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationFlorida & Arizona

I am sad to report that both colonies have passed away. I'm very disappointed with this failure but I did enjoy the short time that I had them. I look forward to keeping Crematogaster again, should I get the chance. There is a species in Southern Idaho, and if some of my contacts down there are successful in finding them, I may have another shot soon.

Edited by Miles, October 15 2015 - 5:55 PM.

PhD Student & NSF Graduate Research Fellow | University of Florida Dept. of Entomology & Nematology - Lucky Ant Lab 

Founder & Director of The Ant Network. Ant keeper since 2009. Insect ecologist and science communicator. He/Him.

#22 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted October 15 2015 - 5:51 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Dang... :( How about the other species from Arizona?

#23 Offline Miles - Posted October 15 2015 - 5:55 PM

Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationFlorida & Arizona

Dang... :( How about the other species from Arizona?

Both Myrmecocystus species are doing well but are in diapause.

The Odontomachus died off. They were by far the hardest ants I have ever kept. Very hard to get them to settle down.

Edited by Miles, October 15 2015 - 5:56 PM.

• Gregory2455 likes this

PhD Student & NSF Graduate Research Fellow | University of Florida Dept. of Entomology & Nematology - Lucky Ant Lab 

Founder & Director of The Ant Network. Ant keeper since 2009. Insect ecologist and science communicator. He/Him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users