• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ant Cam Wohoooo!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline benjiwuf - Posted December 29 2014 - 7:51 PM

benjiwuf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationGroßröhrsdorf Germany

meh, i'm a copycat. decided to steal the idea of a webcam. i also dedicated it to me being able to be more lazy and watch my own ants from 5 feet away without getting up  ;)  :P  it's somewhere around here:  

edit: made the stream live and permanent as long as my comp doesn't hate life and crash :D

edit: fixed the stream and set it back up.

Edited by benjiwuf, January 16 2015 - 12:32 PM.

• Chromerust and Gregory2455 like this

#2 Offline dean_k - Posted December 29 2014 - 8:06 PM

dean_k

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationWaterown, Ontario, Canada

How do you like your F. Subsericea? Because I am receiving a F.Subsericea queen with 5 workers in few days.

#3 Offline benjiwuf - Posted December 29 2014 - 8:29 PM

benjiwuf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

they can be extremely touchy, no disturbances are best. stubborn also, as in the MOST stubborn you can imagine!

also, my nanitic is crazy. kills fruit flies just for the fun of it and stuffs their corpses into the ByFormica lightyear feeder.

#4 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted December 29 2014 - 9:13 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

also, my nanitic is crazy. kills fruit flies just for the fun of it and stuffs their corpses into the ByFormica lightyear feeder.

rofl Haha, that's funny. My F.fusca are the same. Formica like to dispose of waste by sticking it right onto their liquid food source if they have one. Actually, that would be an interesting study... For the fun of it, I will make diagrams of how certain species dispose of waste in test tubes. 

#5 Offline benjiwuf - Posted December 30 2014 - 5:39 PM

benjiwuf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

i broke it, apparently it's on an 8 hour record thing. gotta look into keeping it on longer right now.

edit: fixed the stream issue now. should stay up as long as my comp is on.

Edited by benjiwuf, December 30 2014 - 6:42 PM.

#6 Offline benjiwuf - Posted January 6 2015 - 5:45 AM

benjiwuf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

cam is temporarily down since the light bulb died. i will get it back up when i have time to go to the store for one  :facepalm:  :dash2:

edit: all better now :D 

Edited by benjiwuf, January 7 2015 - 4:49 PM.

#7 Offline dspdrew - Posted January 6 2015 - 7:22 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Yeah, mine is down right now too. All my time has been taken up the last few days dealing with server/network crap, as many are probably aware.

#8 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted January 6 2015 - 2:58 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

How do you like your F. Subsericea? Because I am receiving a F.Subsericea queen with 5 workers in few days.

I've had them and when they feel any vibrations they seem to scatter everywhere and freeze. Really strange but after a while they seem to got used to it, mine are dead right now because of stupid, useless winter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users