• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ant Care While on Vacation

ants ant keeping vacation trip spring break question help colonies ant colonies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Mettcollsuss - Posted March 25 2018 - 4:59 PM

Mettcollsuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

I am going to leave for a five day vacation for spring break soon. How much food should I give to sustain them for 5 days? How much should I water the formicaria? Please help (and fast; I'm leaving in a day or two)!

#2 Offline T.C. - Posted March 25 2018 - 5:05 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Honestly,as long as they have access to water, they will be fine for five days. If you want just leave some syrup or honey in the outworld. It will be fine.

• Barristan and Mettcollsuss like this

" Whatever You Are, Be a Good One "

#3 Offline Mettcollsuss - Posted March 25 2018 - 5:10 PM

Mettcollsuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Honestly,as long as they have access to water, they will be fine for five days. If you want just leave some syrup or honey in the outworld. It will be fine.

Thanks. I was panicking a bit as this is my first time traveling since owning ants (except for one time when I was VERY new and I only had a couple queens in the founding stage).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ants, ant keeping, vacation, trip, spring break, question, help, colonies, ant colonies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users