• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

117 Colonies & Ant Farms - No Delivery after 8 months

117 colonies review

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 Offline ZllGGY - Posted March 15 2018 - 12:45 PM

ZllGGY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLaramie, WY

well considering he hasnt been on since Fed 7th he's probably just gonna ignore everything. Would be my assumption

Colonies:

Founding:

Camponotus cf. Modoc

Camponotus cf. Herculeanus

Dream Ants:

Stenamma Diecki

Solenopsis Molesta

Manica Invidia

Camponotus Herculeanus

Lasius Latipes

Dorymyrmex Pyramicus

Tapinoma Sessile

#22 Offline gcsnelling - Posted March 15 2018 - 6:04 PM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

If your paypal is connected to a credit card you can likely still file a charge back thru them.

Tried that.  No can do.  The credit card company has a 90 day policy too.   :ugone2far:

90 days even for non delivery? Time for a new credit card I think.

#23 Offline Antking117 - Posted March 15 2018 - 10:26 PM

Antking117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska, USA

If your paypal is connected to a credit card you can likely still file a charge back thru them.

Tried that.  No can do.  The credit card company has a 90 day policy too.   :ugone2far:

Absolutely, open a dispute against these charges. I've never heard of a credit card company not allowing you to open a dispute until 90 days have passed.

#24 Offline KBant - Posted March 16 2018 - 12:52 AM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Absolutely, open a dispute against these charges. I've never heard of a credit card company not allowing you to open a dispute until 90 days have passed.

I think you have misread, misstated or misunderstood. Ninety days have passed and his credit card company requires disputes against charges be made within the 90 days, not after 90 days as you have stated.

Also I would have said something to this guy 2 weeks in and by one month, my credit card company. These things are not being shipped from China. How do you let even 2 months pass?

If someone tried to screw me like he did you, I’m not sure what I would do, but it wouldn’t be nice. I think your post is long overdue.

His vendor page needs to be removed. Nobody who cheats people out of their money should be allowed to be a vendor on this website, especially one who plays cat and mouse with customers for 8 months!
What a disgusting vile POS person you are Loops.
  • ColKurtz likes this

#25 Offline Antking117 - Posted March 16 2018 - 1:15 AM

Antking117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska, USA

I think you have misread, misstated or misunderstood. Ninety days have passed and his credit card company requires disputes against charges be made within the 90 days, not after 90 days as you have stated.

Also I would have said something to this guy 2 weeks in and by one month, my credit card company. These things are not being shipped from China. How do you let even 2 months pass?

If someone tried to screw me like he did you, I’m not sure what I would do, but it wouldn’t be nice. I think your post is long overdue.

His vendor page needs to be removed. Nobody who cheats people out of their money should be allowed to be a vendor on this website, especially one who plays cat and mouse with customers for 8 months!

I absolutely misread, thank you. Then yes most credit card companies do have a cutoff time around there.

#26 Offline ColKurtz - Posted March 16 2018 - 2:06 AM

ColKurtz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey/Massachuetts

Tried that. No can do. The credit card company has a 90 day policy too. :ugone2far:
It’s not that simple. This is generally a small hobby, and there is a perception that vendors are mainly hobbyists. In other words, it’s not their full time job to make this stuff. They do it in their spare time. When we read on the forum that someon is having mechanical problems with their equipment, someone might back off on hammering that person with questions and demands. When you read through various forums, you can see a couple of months waiting time is not unusual. Additionally, people new to the hobby are very reliant on more experienced members for identifying ants, tips on finding ants, and for assistance with ant care. No one wants to get a reputation for being a real pain in the @$$ by harassing a respected member and risk people not wanting to assist them.

Edited by ColKurtz, March 16 2018 - 3:05 AM.

#27 Offline ZllGGY - Posted March 16 2018 - 6:28 AM

ZllGGY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLaramie, WY

even so 8 months is a bit excessive when given the situation. if I have to wait 8 months for anything that shouldn't take more than 2 i'd be a little irate myself so I understand where he's coming from

Colonies:

Founding:

Camponotus cf. Modoc

Camponotus cf. Herculeanus

Dream Ants:

Stenamma Diecki

Solenopsis Molesta

Manica Invidia

Camponotus Herculeanus

Lasius Latipes

Dorymyrmex Pyramicus

Tapinoma Sessile

#28 Offline KBant - Posted March 16 2018 - 6:33 AM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

It’s not that simple. This is generally a small hobby, and there is a perception that vendors are mainly hobbyists. In other words, it’s not their full time job to make this stuff. They do it in their spare time. When we read on the forum that someon is having mechanical problems with their equipment, someone might back off on hammering that person with questions and demands. When you read through various forums, you can see a couple of months waiting time is not unusual. Additionally, people new to the hobby are very reliant on more experienced members for identifying ants, tips on finding ants, and for assistance with ant care. No one wants to get a reputation for being a real pain in the @$$ by harassing a respected member and risk people not wanting to assist them.

You’re giving way more leniency than anyone should ever give. If you think what was done was acceptable, you should buy from loops.

If you’re having technical issues, a refund is in order. If a promise date can not be fulfilled, the company ought to reach out to see if the customer still wants the product. 8 months of lying and dodging, basically Loops is a crook.

Edited by KBant, March 16 2018 - 6:37 AM.

#29 Offline ColKurtz - Posted March 16 2018 - 9:22 AM

ColKurtz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey/Massachuetts

You’re giving way more leniency than anyone should ever give. If you think what was done was acceptable, you should buy from loops.

If you’re having technical issues, a refund is in order. If a promise date can not be fulfilled, the company ought to reach out to see if the customer still wants the product. 8 months of lying and dodging, basically Loops is a crook.

You misunderstand me.  I was not clear in my initial statement. I am defending only the victim here.  Loops is in the wrong.  You stated why the victim let it go so long?  I am explaining why he may have done so.  This is a small community, and as a newcomer, no one wants to get a reputation as being a hassle to other, more established members.    As a newcomer you don't know what to expect, you don't know what is custom and practice.  Things may seem wrong to you, but then you try to research what others have experienced to see if your thoughts are valid.  Last summer, I looked up how long it took to get the orders from vendors, and some people would say they waited a few months to get something because the seller was backed up with orders, and the seller basically did this a hobby and service to the anting community.  

Edited by ColKurtz, March 16 2018 - 9:23 AM.

#30 Offline T.C. - Posted March 16 2018 - 9:32 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

On a social level loops is a good guy. Talked with him in chat generally everyday for over a year. If I had to guess he got himself in a tight spot, likely financially and was doing what he had to do to stay afloat. Doesn't make what he did just, but at least he isn't full blown out taking everyones money with no intentions on making anything for anyone. I do believe he started this guys order, just didn't finish it.

Edited by T.C., March 16 2018 - 10:00 AM.

• KBant likes this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#31 Offline KBant - Posted March 16 2018 - 9:44 AM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
I simply hope he makes right and fulfills his order at the bare minimum. Sucks to see people do shady things and just be a bystander.
  • T.C. and ColKurtz like this

#32 Offline dspdrew - Posted March 16 2018 - 2:06 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

If you guys got the email and read it, you would have a lot of these questions answered. I can see exactly why it went on as long as it did. This guy basically just gave Loops chance after chance to make it right. If it were me, I would have been done with that game after the second promise was broken.

• Ants4fun, gcsnelling, dermy and 2 others like this

#33 Offline T.C. - Posted March 16 2018 - 3:48 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

If you guys got the email and read it, you would have a lot of these questions answered. I can see exactly why it went on as long as it did. This guy basically just gave Loops chance after chance to make it right. If it were me, I would have been done with that game after the second promise was broken.

I seen the emaills.
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#34 Offline GeorgeK - Posted April 5 2018 - 7:40 AM

GeorgeK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSiberia

It would seem that Loops has changed state and got himself new identity :lol:

Still sorry for the guy for loosing his money, and more importantly, a timed gift, which i guess was more important to him...
On other hand, you should've refunded your money after second broken promise as Drew said, and heck, if he finished it after that you could've paid him again. I guess you can't trust anyone on internet when it comes to purchases

#35 Offline Mettcollsuss - Posted April 5 2018 - 7:45 AM

Mettcollsuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

It would seem that Loops has changed state and got himself new identity :lol:

what?

#36 Offline Hunter - Posted April 5 2018 - 7:51 AM

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationWaterboro Maine

this is still a active post?

#37 Offline dspdrew - Posted April 5 2018 - 11:09 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

this is still a active post?

Do you mean thread? Sure, why not?

#38 Offline sgheaton - Posted April 5 2018 - 11:45 AM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Nothin' stoppin' someone from naming their Queen after Loops and providing updates to their journal!

"I'm the search bar! Type questions into me and I'll search within the forums for an answer!"

#39 Offline Ants4fun - Posted April 5 2018 - 1:57 PM

Ants4fun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota
Update it to no delivery after 9 months lol.

#40 Offline gcsnelling - Posted April 5 2018 - 4:32 PM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

We should have a  "board of inquiry" along these lines

http://www.faunaclas...isplay.php?f=13

or

http://www.faunaclas...splay.php?f=617

or

http://arachnoboards...es-warnings.45/