• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Is it legal to take queens on a plane?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted March 8 2018 - 1:30 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
I think we just found a new species, xraymyrmex gigas

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#62 Offline StopSpazzing - Posted March 8 2018 - 8:41 PM

StopSpazzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationFullerton, CA

No they will be fine, the dosage is practically nothing. Unless the belt gets broken and they get stuck under there for days, should be fine.

> Ant Keeping Wiki is back up! Currently being migrated from old wiki. :)Looking to adopt out: Crematogaster sp. (Acrobat Ants) colonies

#63 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted March 9 2018 - 5:05 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Ok, great. I appreciate all your help guys! And my apologies for being rude to you earlier spazz :)

Edited by YsTheAnt, March 9 2018 - 5:05 PM.

#64 Offline StayLoki - Posted March 11 2018 - 9:36 PM

StayLoki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

I don't understand some of you people, I know it sucks, but sell your ants before you move to another state, don't be stupid and try to take them with you. Anyone who thinks is alright to take your ants to another state cares more about him/herself than the environment which gave you those wonder insects. Just sell and buy new ones.

No one here is talking about moving ants out of state.

Maybe read all the posts before replying? http://www.formicult...ge-2#entry84779

I get scapegoated for talking about out of state moving??! The whole post is about moving queens out of state .. wow. you guys are wack

#65 Offline StayLoki - Posted March 11 2018 - 9:39 PM

StayLoki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
I hope the fbi and tsa and atf are watching your [censored]'s 🍺 😂

Edited by StayLoki, March 11 2018 - 11:40 PM.

#66 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted March 11 2018 - 9:40 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

I don't understand some of you people, I know it sucks, but sell your ants before you move to another state, don't be stupid and try to take them with you. Anyone who thinks is alright to take your ants to another state cares more about him/herself than the environment which gave you those wonder insects. Just sell and buy new ones.

Maybe read all the posts before replying? http://www.formicult...ge-2#entry84779
I get scapegoated for talking about out of state moving??! The whole post is about moving queens out of state .. wow. you guys are wack
I don't think you understand. SF is San Francisco, which happens to be the same state as LA, Los Angeles,. No one here was discussing taking ants interstate. That's not responsible, or even legal. You can (and probably should if you are moving out of state) sell or give away your colonies, and buy new ones with that money (if you sell them), but don't try and take colonies across borders, not worth it, not safe, not responsible, and not legal.

Edited by YsTheAnt, March 11 2018 - 9:44 PM.

#67 Offline StayLoki - Posted March 11 2018 - 9:48 PM

StayLoki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

I don't think you understand. SF is San Francisco, which happens to be the same state as LA, Los Angeles,. No one here was discussing taking ants interstate. That's not responsible, or even legal. You can (and probably should if you are moving out of state) sell or give away your colonies, and buy new ones with that money (if you sell them), but don't try and take colonies across borders, not worth it, not safe, not responsible, and not legal.
Well clicking your link leads u directly to my post 84779, in which you implicate me...

But its ok to remove them from their environment and resume all-knowing care for them, only to move and expect someone else to take care of them??
Maybe they should just be left alone and u should get off ur high 🐎

Edited: you even make a point as to say " the post I was referring to". Wtf ?

Edited by StayLoki, March 11 2018 - 9:53 PM.

#68 Offline ZllGGY - Posted March 12 2018 - 6:17 AM

ZllGGY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLaramie, WY

i think maybe you should chill out guy. People in the hobby treat ants just like any other pet, taken from their environment and then put on display. people care for their ants just like any other pet. Is it really that hard to follow the laws that were put into place to protect local life? Just re-home, sell, or let your ants go and start a fresh. If you don't want to do that then don't move easy as that.

Colonies:

Founding:

Camponotus cf. Modoc

Camponotus cf. Herculeanus

Dream Ants:

Stenamma Diecki

Solenopsis Molesta

Manica Invidia

Camponotus Herculeanus

Lasius Latipes

Dorymyrmex Pyramicus

Tapinoma Sessile

#69 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted March 12 2018 - 6:40 AM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
StayLoki, the problem arises when people let go of their colonies or they escape in other areas. The amount of damage a non-native species can cause to a local ecosystem is immense, and regardless, moving ants across state borders is ILLEGAL, and that means DON'T DO IT.

Edited by YsTheAnt, March 12 2018 - 6:43 AM.

• Martialis likes this

#70 Offline Jadeninja9 - Posted March 12 2018 - 10:35 PM

Jadeninja9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area, CA
Wait so StayLoki was the one who thought San Francisco was outside of California lol

#71 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted March 14 2018 - 7:19 AM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
I did it! Key is, to keep water under the three.4 oz rule, and shove it in with ur travel size lotion and such, in your liquid bag. Only worked for test tubes so far.

Edited by YsTheAnt, March 14 2018 - 7:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users