If you would provide the common, scientific, and the cast of ant it would be greatly appreciated.
1. Location of collection: This ant was observed in central Florida, Tampa Area.
2. Date of collection: 1-11-18.
3. Habitat of collection: Grassy area; shaded part of the day.
4. Length: 4mm.
5. Coloration, hue, pattern and texture: This ant had a yellowish red body. The head has a red hue. Some ants, without enlarged gasters, were strutting a soft yellow skinny gaster with darker striations. Some of the ants observed had gasters that were larger and more transparent although the darker striations seemed less pronounced.
6. Distinguishing characteristics: They seemed to be filling there gasters up with the fluid from the rotting banana.
7. Anything else distinctive: All of the workers seemed to be the same size. I would not guess that this is a polymorphic colony.
8. Nest description: N/A Observed feeding on a rotting banana.
9. Nuptial flight time and date: N/A Observed feeding on a rotting banana.
Again, if you would provide the common, scientific, and the cast of ant it would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Roku9710, January 12 2018 - 6:35 AM.