• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Can a trucker keep ants?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#81 Offline skocko76 - Posted July 22 2018 - 5:57 AM

skocko76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationSplit, Croatia

Also I have done a metaphorical ton of research and I know full well that ant colonies need much less care and attention than say a dog or a cat but still need more care and attention than I am currently able to provide for them, so don't go assuming that I don't have a full understanding of my situation. But I really really really really really want an ant colony of my own, so I am trying to rationalize and create a solution so that I have my circumvent my unfortunate dilemma. So far every attempt to come up with a creative solution to solve my dilemma and escape this unfortunate situation is looking like failure. The only thing I can really do at this point is to either convince my spouse to assist in the care of my any colony or throw caution to the wind and bring them on board my truck.. and the latter option would be illegal.

Hm, only half the solution, really, but might see you trough until your situation improves.

Have you thought about circumventing the law by not having a queen on board? I believe it is only illegal to transport queens across state borders.

I understand a colony without a queen is not a proper colony, but you'd have a pet with you you could check upon and care for on the road.

If you know someone who keeps ants, and has really large colonies, perhaps they would be willing to part with a hundred workers or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users