• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Formica subsericea

ant keeping care care sheet formica formica subsericea hobbyist ants

22 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted April 21 2019 - 6:35 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

Slave raider means they actively seek out other colony's brood and workers. Accepting brood if you give it to them is not the same.

• Canadian anter likes this

#22 Offline DJoseph98 - Posted May 27 2019 - 1:08 PM

DJoseph98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEastern Kentucky
Hey are we sure these are monogynous? Antwiki reports they are polygynous. I'm hoping to catch some this summer so I need to figure this out and not have a tube covered in formic acid from queens battling it out.
https://www.antwiki....mica_subsericea

#23 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted May 28 2019 - 1:31 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan
I found two nests in a cemetery the workers were all over it the cemetery so I think it could have been a super colony.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ant keeping, care, care sheet, formica, formica subsericea, hobbyist, ants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users