• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

The fall of the aquarium hobby??

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Offline gcsnelling - Posted November 20 2017 - 4:16 PM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Well they did include a question mark as well.

#22 Offline dspdrew - Posted November 21 2017 - 4:56 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

You may have noticed that when I titled this I included a question mark. Having said that this is a ban that was pushed for by activist groups and not scientists or fisheries people. Although the initial target is salt water, once these things get started it can easily come to impact the fresh water industry as well before spilling over to other areas of pet keeping as we.. As I said reasonable regulation is not a bad thing but it needs to be based on good science and not knee jerk reactions by activist groups with no other agenda than to destroy the entire pet keeping industry including cat and dogs.

I was referring to the article, not the topic you made about it.

Still, it's a bit of a slippery slope to say that banning the collection of fish that have been documented to be in decline will have an impact on responsible areas of the pet trade.

How is that a slippery slope? The slippery slope is the slope into prohibition.

• gcsnelling likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users