• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Preserved Specimens

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline diplocentrus - Posted November 7 2017 - 3:16 PM

diplocentrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi All!

I am looking for any and all wet or dry preserved ant specimens. If possible a queen and workers would be great! Please let me know if you have anything available! Thanks..

Edit: Just wanted to add that dead/dry specimens are absolutely acceptable as long they are in good condition. These will be used for identification/comparisons. 

Edited by diplocentrus, November 10 2017 - 6:08 AM.

#2 Offline T.C. - Posted November 8 2017 - 10:44 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

I might have something for you. Any species at all?

“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#3 Offline Pyrovolimeno - Posted November 9 2017 - 9:06 AM

Pyrovolimeno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGreece

I think I can find you dead queen and "king?" messor cf. meridionale.

I got this pic today morning when i was collecting queens, maybe i can find some dead ants tomorrow.

24f0jna.jpg

Edited by Pyrovolimeno, November 9 2017 - 9:18 AM.

#4 Offline T.C. - Posted November 9 2017 - 9:25 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Pretty sure he is looking for colonies with queens for identification/comparison purposes. For some species it would be fine, but with just the workers or queen I don't know how well that would work.

“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#5 Offline diplocentrus - Posted November 10 2017 - 5:35 AM

diplocentrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

TC is correct. However, any and everything will work to be honest. As long as their "hard parts" are still there, they will definitely work for me. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users