• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

byFormica Ant Products - Last Call for 2020 Holiday Shipping

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Offline AntsCalifornia - Posted May 15 2018 - 4:02 PM

AntsCalifornia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Because the fluon is pre diluted, does it shorten the shelf life?

#22 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 15 2018 - 4:29 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Any recent news on sunburst or other similiar products?

All byFormica products, including Sunburst, are in the process of being rolled out incrementally.  I have been improving my manufacturing processes to avoid out-of-stock products in the future, so availability will be much better when the products do return to the market over the next few weeks.

Because the fluon is pre diluted, does it shorten the shelf life?

Fluon's intended industrial use is for impregnating rope with anti-friction properties.  It just happens to also work as an escape-prevention coating for insect enclosures.  And for that purpose, all performance aspects, including shelf life, are improved with dilution.

There are only two major problems that can occur with this product over time: settling of the suspension, and microorganisms growing in the fluid.

Settling occurs naturally in the suspension over time, and with a higher concentration of PTFE solids, it becomes increasingly difficult to incorporate them back into solution if left undisturbed for long periods of time.  With higher concentration of solvent (water), however, incorporation becomes far easier.  For example, a customer order to a foreign country was returned to me as undeliverable after more than a year, and the product still worked perfectly, even after being idle for very long periods of time.

As far as microorganisms growing in the fluid, this is only a concern with huge open containers of fluid, like the 275 gallon totes the product is stored in after manufacture, or smaller pails of fluid sold by distributors.  Our sealed containers maintain a sufficiently high pH to prevent this issue.

With very minimal care, the bottles of Fluon I sell should continue to perform well until the bottles are depleted.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#23 Offline rcosika - Posted June 13 2018 - 6:27 PM

rcosika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSinking Spring, PA

Good evening!

I have noticed that byFormica products are coming back in stock on Amazon!  Thank you for getting those back in stock! I am curious, though, do you have an update on when the Ant Nectar might become available again?  I am almost out, and my ants really like the nectar.  I've started cutting it with Hummingbird Nectar to prolong the bottle, but I am at the point where I really need a fresh supply!  Thanks in advance for any available update! 

Regards,

Bob in PA 

• Enderz likes this

#24 Offline drtrmiller - Posted June 13 2018 - 7:19 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Do you have an update on when the Ant Nectar might become available again?

For the past few months, I have engaged in product research in order to improve the formulation, manufacturing process, and label guidance.  I'm in the final verification stages, and am happy to announce that a slightly improved formulation of Sunburst Ant Nectar will return to stores worldwide very soon, and product availability should be much better going forward.

While I wasn't able to accomplish everything I set out to do in my research, I'm confident that the product quality will be better than ever, and will once again offer antkeepers a convenience food to which ants are more receptive than any other homemade or commercial option.

• noebl1 likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#25 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted June 13 2018 - 7:38 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee
Does the sunburst nectar have any protein in it? (Just curious)

Edited by Ant_Dude2908, June 13 2018 - 7:38 PM.

#26 Offline Serafine - Posted June 14 2018 - 12:50 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

I don't think so. Protein spoils quite quickly and usually it's best for ant food to NOT combine sugars and protein (like some jellies do).

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#27 Offline Runner12 - Posted August 13 2018 - 6:54 AM

Runner12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Any word on when Sunburst or the insect protein extract or any other food type products will be available?

#28 Offline drtrmiller - Posted August 13 2018 - 1:18 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Any word on when Sunburst or the insect protein extract or any other food type products will be available?

I am in the process of making Sunburst, but due to the challenges involved with the new manufacturing process, I can't say for certain when it will be finished and available for sale again.  The other product you mentioned is still in the experimental stage, and currently has no plans for becoming a commercial product.

• Spamdy likes this

#29 Offline Serafine - Posted September 7 2018 - 2:57 PM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

When will the big feeders finally be available on Amazon in Europe? I can't order from Antkeepingdepot, plus (even if I could) having products going through customs sucks.

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

#30 Offline drtrmiller - Posted September 8 2018 - 11:38 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

When will the big feeders finally be available on Amazon in Europe? I can't order from Antkeepingdepot, plus (even if I could) having products going through customs sucks.

I expect all current products will ship when Sunburst is ready.  But I'm continuing to assess the current Brexit, tax situation, tariffs, and exchange rates in Europe, which has made returning to the market much more difficult.

#31 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted October 28 2018 - 9:05 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
ETA for sunburst return in USA?
  • noebl1 and Anthonygch1 like this

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#32 Offline RobertJ - Posted December 1 2018 - 3:12 PM

RobertJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley, CA
Is there any intention on bringing back a version of the Formula Blue 100?
  • FSTP likes this

#33 Offline drtrmiller - Posted June 20 2019 - 4:25 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Availability June, 2019 Update:

We are working hard to make more Sunburst Ant Nectar and introduce improvements to our liquid feeder options.  If you need byFormica products immediately, please contact us on Facebook or email support@byformica.com.

USA: Most byFormica Products are in stock on Amazon, although Sunburst is extremely low in stock.  Most orders for liquid feeders and Sunburst will ship from our warehouse instead of from Amazon.  Choose "Expedited Shipping" to have orders placed before 11 AM Eastern time ship on the same day for delivery in 2-3 days.  More Sunburst will be available in 1 to 2 weeks.

UK/EU: Most byFormica products are out-of-stock.  We are working to produce more Sunburst and liquid feeders and expect products to return in early July.  To get products sooner, visit AntKeepingDepot or contact us to place a custom order.

AntKeepingDepot (AU): Most byFormica Products are in stock.  Orders from AKD are eligible to ship worldwide.

Edited by drtrmiller, June 20 2019 - 4:27 PM.

• Serafine likes this

#34 Offline Serafine - Posted September 17 2019 - 2:37 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

Just saw the new 10ml mega feeders on amazon.com and yes, I'm fairly sure this new design should fix most of the issues my ants are having with the current 16ml mega feeder design. They also look really nice and the lower overall height should help a lot with smaller setups. Hope they become available in EU soon :) (currently we don't have any feeders on amazon.de)

Btw, the article title says 16ml for the 10ml feeders, I guess that's an oversight as the old ones were 16ml (product description says 10ml though).

71GjBN3YR4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Serafine, September 17 2019 - 8:54 AM.

#35 Offline Broncos - Posted October 16 2019 - 4:10 PM

Broncos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationOrange, California
When will byformica be back In business.

Edited by Broncos, October 16 2019 - 4:10 PM.

Currently Keeping:

Pogonomyrmex Californicus Bicolor & Concolor

Pogonomyrmex Subnitidius

Camponotus Sansabeanus

Youtube:https://www.youtube....-ants-tutorials

#36 Offline drtrmiller - Posted October 16 2019 - 4:13 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

When will byformica be back In business.

byFormica liquid feeders, Sunburst Ant Nectar, and Fluon/PTFE products are sold worldwide on the following websites:

#37 Offline drtrmiller - Posted October 25 2019 - 11:54 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Ended

Edited by drtrmiller, November 22 2019 - 7:37 PM.

• antwall likes this

#38 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted October 26 2019 - 5:06 PM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois
Is there a specific time period or what?
Oops, sorry, quadrupole post

There is a important time for everything, important place for everyone, an important person for everybody, and an important ant for each and every ant keeper and myrmecologist alike

#39 Offline DDD101DDD - Posted October 26 2019 - 5:06 PM

DDD101DDD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationNew York

If you press the link, it will say "This promo code is applied to your account and valid until 11/03/2019 11:59PM PST or while supplies last. You will see the discount apply at checkout."

He travels, he seeks the p a r m e s a n.

#40 Offline drtrmiller - Posted October 26 2019 - 5:06 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

The offer details can be found at the link below:

https://www.amazon.c.../A1F0V4QAZ0ULXK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users