• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Dubia Roaches

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ants Galore - Posted October 10 2017 - 4:02 PM

Ants Galore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas
I’ve always wanted a Dubia Roach breeder so I need some clarifications. Thanks!
1. Is it true that cheaper deals usually give you only males? I found one for 100 roaches for 10$
2. Any recommendations on which to buy? Link please.
3. Any tips-
Thanks Guys!!!

#2 Offline T.C. - Posted October 10 2017 - 4:07 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
I don't like the place, but if I was you I would look on Arachnoboards.com. Alot of good sellers there. I'd look up hisserdude to start.
  • Martialis likes this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#3 Offline Nathant2131 - Posted October 10 2017 - 4:44 PM

Nathant2131

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationDracut, Massachusetts
Try going to a reptile expo, they sell breeding starters there. Males have wings, females don't.

Edited by Nathant2131, October 10 2017 - 4:44 PM.

#4 Offline xTNxANTMANx - Posted October 12 2017 - 9:00 AM

xTNxANTMANx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationWest TN

I used Dubi Deli and you can purchase i think up to 3 sizes to try, only laying shipping which for me was i think $7. Get the biggest sizes and the biggest won't take long at all to mature. that's what i did and within a month had breeding dubias. Cheap and effective lol. Also, i recieved like 10 roaches...maybe like 12. I know it was more than i was expecting. 

Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Camponotus pennsylvanicusx3 (founding)
Dorymyrmex bureni
Formica pallidefulva x3
Formica subsericea x4
Tetramorium immigrans

Have kept many other ant species but now keep over 100 tarantulas and other inverts! Mantids, centipedes, and scorpions to name a few 😁

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users