1. Location (on a map) of collection: Near Sydney Australia
2. Date of collection: 9 October 2017. 30 degrees c. light rain the day before
3. Habitat of collection: Rock wall next to grass lawn. Close proximity to a Rhytidoponera sp. nest.
4. Length (from head to gaster): 8mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Black with green metallic
6. Distinguishing characteristics: Green metallic sheen
7. Distinguishing behavior: Has trouble walking on plastic test tube
8. Nest description: Small (4-5cm diameter) mounds of grey coloured dirt/rocks
9. Nuptial flight time and date: Did not witness a flight, so not sure if there was one.
Hello! I'm looking for help in determining if this is a Rhytidoponera sp. queen or drone? Wings still in tact, only saw this one running along a rock wall next to the lawn.
Thanks for looking!
EDIT: It has shed its wings from one side, leaving the other side still on.
Edited by antaioli, October 8 2017 - 11:29 PM.