• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Scorpion problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Chicken_eater100 - Posted October 8 2017 - 2:16 PM

Chicken_eater100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationKS, Leawood
So I had my Hoffmannius spinigerus scorpion for over a month and over the few days I noticed that Kyle kyleson (his name) would sit near the corner near his hide during the day. Usually on scorpion forum this gets brung up a lot (part of the reason why I'm posting here) and they usually end with the scorpion dying. So not too good.

I'm having problems with the photos so I'll describe his enclosure.

5.5 gallon tank with a couple logs for him to hide and dig under them. It's substrate is made of coco fiber and vita sand. I don't know the exact mix as I just eyeballed everything

#2 Offline MegaMyrmex - Posted October 8 2017 - 3:27 PM

MegaMyrmex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, Maryland
Can you get me photos of the scorpion's position? I don't keep scorpions but I do know that the only arachnids that realy do this would be tarantulas...Are his legs curling in? Please try to get some pics...Maybe add more substrate to allow the scorpion to dig, since digging greatly relieves stress with many arhtropods that normally dig in the wild. If you live in the desert, try getting some sand from his natural habitat to make him feel "more at home." Keep hs updated, please!

Proverbs 6:6-8 New International Version (NIV)

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
    consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
    no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
    and gathers its food at harvest.

#3 Offline MegaMyrmex - Posted October 8 2017 - 3:32 PM

MegaMyrmex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, Maryland
I would say maybe pesticides in the mix would have affected him if it was not checked or sterilized...

Proverbs 6:6-8 New International Version (NIV)

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
    consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
    no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
    and gathers its food at harvest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users