• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

I need AntCatcher from China/SEA

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Offline FeRX_RUS - Posted September 30 2017 - 1:04 AM

FeRX_RUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPetropavlovsk-Kamchatsky

I need AntCatcher from South-East Asia or China . I need someone who can catch  Camponotus nicobarensis , Camponotus albosparsus , Camponotus singularis , Diacamma rugosum , Hgnathos venator , Odontomachus monticola , Pheidole yeensis , Polyrhachis dives , Oecophylla smaragdina . 10 queens for one kind . 1 dollar for 1 queen . All are 90 dollars . I will pay , when I will check queens , you can believe me . I pay for post to . Send me message , if you want to get easy money

#2 Offline Leo - Posted September 30 2017 - 1:12 AM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

I can catch nicobarensis, rugosum, polyachis, harpenthagos, odontomachus monticola. BUT I'm 12 and it is also illegal to ship ants bro, I know u want em, but go get ur native ants instead. U said u were in Russia, even if agree to ship the ants they would have died and odontomachus and harpenthagos are worth MUCH more than $1 .odontomachus only fly one season and max queens are 5. Harpenthagos are even harder to find and the have only had 1 nuptial flight in 7 YEARS around my place. And even if they survived the shipping, they cannot live in cold temp, a slight change and most would refuse to lay eggs or even eat.

Diacamma:

pheidole:

c. nicobarensis:

odontomachus monticola:

polyrachis dives:

harpenthagos venator

Edited by Leo, September 30 2017 - 1:30 AM.

• Spamdy likes this

#3 Offline FeRX_RUS - Posted September 30 2017 - 1:17 AM

FeRX_RUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I can catch nicobarensis, rugosum, polyachis, harpenthagos, odontomachus monticola. BUT I'm 12 and it is also illegal to ship ants bro, I know u want em, but go get ur native ants instead.

Guy , I know but , whey are very possible for me , I have got my own antshop , I know , that some guys sent them from China , its really . Pls , help me , i really need them . There is so many ants in my region , so many . I want exotic , pls help, i will pay you 

#4 Offline Bracchymyrmex - Posted September 30 2017 - 4:55 AM

Bracchymyrmex

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania

This post doesn't seem like it belongs here...

• Martialis and Evanthomas89 like this

#5 Offline Martialis - Posted September 30 2017 - 4:59 AM

Martialis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationMississippi

deleted

Edited by Martialis, September 30 2017 - 6:26 AM.

Spoiler

#6 Offline drtrmiller - Posted September 30 2017 - 5:25 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

I'm sorry.. but your profile says you're eleven and from Russia. I doubt you'll get any response.

What purpose does it serve to comment on a member's published age and nationality as a reason why that member won't receive any replies? This forum is available to anyone with an internet connection, and quite a few Chinese and SE Asian users no doubt view the forum, by virtue of the fact that some have posted here in the past. While it is true that "want to buy" ads generally receive few public replies, this generally has to do with market demand for ants outpacing supply, and not with a user's published age or location.

Posts like these I quoted are very discouraging to new members, and don't add value to the topic at hand or to the forum. If you think someone has broken a forum rule, any member can click the "Report" button to bring the post to the attention of moderators.

That said, this "want to buy" post breaks none of our forum rules, as far as I can see. Without having a full understanding of Eurasian laws regarding import and export of live ants, it is not possible to judge the legality of the request for the purpose of enforcing our forum rules related to buying or selling ants.

In the future, please refrain from publicly commenting on the perceived quality or relevance of posts or users, and instead report them privately to moderators for review.

Edited by drtrmiller, September 30 2017 - 6:00 AM.

• Martialis likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#7 Offline Leo - Posted September 30 2017 - 5:33 AM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

eh, I told him that I can catch all the ants he wants multiple times but also explained that it was illegal to ship them from china to russia and that the ants would not survive the trip. Also most of those queens are worth MUCH more than $1

REGULATION

read that (I'm assuming you read russian, if you want to read it, google translate)

Edited by Leo, September 30 2017 - 5:46 AM.

• drtrmiller and Martialis like this

#8 Offline drtrmiller - Posted September 30 2017 - 5:48 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
Most of us are not familiar with import/export laws of other countries. Thank you for informing the new member of your good-faith belief that the request is prohibited by your local laws.

Does China not allow export of ants in general, or only to particular countries? Is there a licensing or permitting process? Can you reference any internet resources that describe the regulations?

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#9 Offline Leo - Posted September 30 2017 - 5:54 AM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Oh, not allowed to export ants to other countries, but i could get an ant on the opposite side of china if I paid.

#10 Offline Martialis - Posted September 30 2017 - 6:30 AM

Martialis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationMississippi

I'm sorry.. but your profile says you're eleven and from Russia. I doubt you'll get any response.

What purpose does it serve to comment on a member's published age and nationality as a reason why that member won't receive any replies? This forum is available to anyone with an internet connection, and quite a few Chinese and SE Asian users no doubt view the forum, by virtue of the fact that some have posted here in the past. While it is true that "want to buy" ads generally receive few public replies, this generally has to do with market demand for ants ou

Posts like these I quoted are very discouraging to new members, and don't add value to the topic at hand or to the forum. If you think someone has broken a forum rule, any member can click the "Report" button to bring the post to the attention of moderators.

That said, this "want to buy" post breaks none of our forum rules, as far as I can see. Without having a full understanding of Eurasian laws regarding import and export of live ants, it is not possible to judge the legality of the request for the purpose of enforcing our forum rules related to buying or selling ants.

In the future, please refrain from publicly commenting on the perceived quality or relevance of posts or users, and instead report them privately to moderators for review.

I deleted my post and wasn't intending to refer to that in any racist context whatsoever. This said, I apologize if my comment was perceived as such.  

Edited by Martialis, September 30 2017 - 6:31 AM.

Spoiler

#11 Offline Reacker - Posted September 30 2017 - 8:37 AM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFree State of Greater Potatonia

This guy is spamming posts about this. Already 3 or 4 duplicate and identical threads on this were deleted late last night by dermy.

Also, that is a laughably small amount of money considering the effort involved in catching these queens. 

you can believe me . I pay for post to . Send me message , if you want to get easy money

I would hope that you would pay considering the small amounts. 

Edited by Reacker, September 30 2017 - 8:40 AM.

• dermy, Leo, Martialis and 1 other like this

#12 Offline drtrmiller - Posted September 30 2017 - 9:26 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

The way I understand it, he originally posted in the wrong subforum, and then read the post I made yesterday about "want to buy" ads belonging in the Marketplace subforum, and subsequently reposted in the correct subforum some hours later, but accidentally hit the submit button multiple times, resulting in duplicate posts. This is a common issue with the forum nowadays, and many users have made that mistake.

The threads stayed up for hours until I saw them and reported them. I've been told that almost no one on this forum reports anything but me. I would encourage all forum members to use the "Report" button located at the bottom of posts to submit duplicate, spam, suspicious, or other potentially rule-breaking posts or threads for review, so our moderators can more expeditiously perform the duties to which they've been entrusted.

Edited by drtrmiller, September 30 2017 - 9:49 AM.

• dermy likes this

#13 Offline FeRX_RUS - Posted September 30 2017 - 1:29 PM

FeRX_RUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Oh, not allowed to export ants to other countries, but i could get an ant on the opposite side of china if I paid.

But some guys sent them from China to Russia , and they havent problems

#14 Offline FeedTheAnts - Posted September 30 2017 - 1:40 PM

FeedTheAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationVirginia

then they broke the law, and got away with it.

I accidentally froze all my ants 

#15 Offline FeRX_RUS - Posted September 30 2017 - 1:51 PM

FeRX_RUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

eh, I told him that I can catch all the ants he wants multiple times but also explained that it was illegal to ship them from china to russia and that the ants would not survive the trip. Also most of those queens are worth MUCH more than $1

REGULATION

read that (I'm assuming you read russian, if you want to read it, google translate)

I can pay more , 5 dollars for one , but if i pay 5 dollars for queen . But if i pay 5 dollars for one queen i need 5 Camponotus nicobarensis , 2 Camponotus albosparsus , 3 Camponotus singularis , 5 Harpegnathos venator , 5 Oecophylla smaragdina . Do you want this or not ?

#16 Offline FeRX_RUS - Posted September 30 2017 - 1:53 PM

FeRX_RUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I know but , they hardly ever check up ants , also they chrck only pandas and exotic animals

#17 Offline FeedTheAnts - Posted September 30 2017 - 2:44 PM

FeedTheAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationVirginia

I know but , they hardly ever check up ants , also they chrck only pandas and exotic animals

like I said, they knowingly or unknowingly broke the law.

I accidentally froze all my ants 

#18 Offline FeRX_RUS - Posted September 30 2017 - 3:14 PM

FeRX_RUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

like I said, they knowingly or unknowingly broke the law.

I don't see something about insects , i see only for animals and flowers , and these rules are for visiting China , not for shipping

#19 Offline gcsnelling - Posted September 30 2017 - 3:16 PM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

So it is ok to illegally ship ants because they only check large animals?

• Spamdy likes this

#20 Offline Spamdy - Posted September 30 2017 - 4:02 PM

Spamdy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

It is illegal, here's a short from Antkit's website regarding ant supplements for their company:

International Ant Supply
We source ants from all over the world. All ants have the associated permit, quarantine and inspections before and at the point of entry into the UK.

We do not import ants from China as ants are prohibited by LAW OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA ON THE ENTRY AND EXIT ANIMAL AND PLANT QUARANTINE. For this reason AntKit will not purchase ants that may have been sourced in China.

Link: https://antkit.uk/pa...shipping-policy

• gcsnelling, FeedTheAnts and Chicken_eater100 like this

All my colonies are dead. 

Except:

Pogonomyrmex barbatus

Pheidole obscurithorax

Pheidole morens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users