• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Lasius flavus 1queen vs 3 queens

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline GeoKoen - Posted October 24 2017 - 4:45 PM

GeoKoen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBelgium - Flanders

I have a starting colony with 1 queen, and i have a starting colony with 3 queens.

Someone told me i should break up the 3 queen tube in 3 separate colony's but i am not going to do that.

I am going to make some sort of study about how a colony with 1 queen evolves vs a colony with 3 queens.

Startdate: 25 October 2017

I started with letting them move to a new testtube, to give them both even chances.

The 1 queen colony already moved to the new tube, and the 3 queen colony is still in the old tube.

1Q has 4 workers + brood

3Q has 2 workers + brood

What statistics do you guys i have to keep to make a descent study about it?

Food, honeydew will be provided to both colonys on the same days, temperature of both will be the same, ...

1x Messor barbarus - 50+ 
1x Lasius niger - 10+
1x Lasius flavus - 4+
3x Lasius flavus - 2+
1x Camponotus ligniperdus - 1+
1x Formica Fusca - 0+
1x Myrmica? - 0+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users