• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Crematogaster cerasi vs Lineolata

crematogaster

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline megaxoplasma - Posted September 4 2017 - 7:28 PM

megaxoplasma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hey guys

Was wondering if anyone can tell me all the details on the difference between Crematogasters Cerasi and Crematogaster Lineolata.  Lineolata is slightly larger right?? or no??

Thank You so much

#2 Offline FeedTheAnts - Posted September 5 2017 - 6:14 AM

FeedTheAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Actually cerasi is larger. Cerasi also has red on it's body usually while Lineolata is jet black. Lineolata is also usually found in dirt while cerasi is found in lots of habitats.

I accidentally froze all my ants 

#3 Offline FeedTheAnts - Posted September 5 2017 - 6:17 AM

FeedTheAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Oh, and also, what you might think is lineolata could be ashmeadi. I guess that depends on where you live.

I accidentally froze all my ants 

#4 Offline megaxoplasma - Posted September 5 2017 - 9:19 AM

megaxoplasma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Are there any prefered time for both of their flights? Like how tetramoriums like to fly early morning. Or do they just fly whenever at all possible times? I know their foraging activity is relatively nocturnal.  Usually come out to forage after 5 or 6pm.

Thank You

#AntLove

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crematogaster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users