• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Kitten Therapy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Crystals - Posted November 17 2014 - 3:37 PM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationAthabasca, AB (Canada)
The video was created by the website and creative agency SoulPancake in partnership with Purina Tidy Cats. “One day over summer, we posted up right next to the Los Angeles Courthouse in the heart of downtown LA — it seemed like a reliable place to find stressed out people,” the video’s press lead, Lindsay Indermill, told Yahoo Health. “When our unsuspecting ‘patients’ took off their shoes and entered the room, their stress was palatable. These people were all under intense pressure, whether they had just come out of court or were caring for young children alone.”

The looks on their faces as kittens "sneak" into the room is priceless.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

List of Handy Links   (pinned in the General section)

My Colonies

#2 Offline Mathiacus - Posted November 18 2014 - 12:05 AM

Mathiacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia
I hate cats. But this made me smile.

#3 Offline dspdrew - Posted November 18 2014 - 6:35 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I bet it would have had an opposite affect if a mountain lion came out of one of those doors. :sarcastic:

• Mathiacus and Gregory2455 like this

#4 Offline Crystals - Posted November 18 2014 - 7:24 AM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

I bet it would have had an opposite affect if a mountain lion came out of one of those doors. :sarcastic:

Not if it was a tiny kitten.  :D

A very small zoo we visited was raising an orphaned mountain lion, it loved to play.  We got to play with it for 3-4 hours before it wanted a nap.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

My Colonies

#5 Offline dspdrew - Posted November 19 2014 - 5:25 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Sorry. A full-sized, starved mountain lion. :snicker:

#6 Offline Crystals - Posted November 19 2014 - 7:02 AM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Sorry. A full-sized, starved mountain lion. :snicker:

At that point, it is not a meditation test, but an experiment of how much adrenaline the body can produce in about 5 seconds.  :D

My Colonies

#7 Offline James C. Trager - Posted November 19 2014 - 7:46 AM

James C. Trager

Expert

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Yes, safe to say our nervous systems have a wide variety of usually appropriate (at least evolutionarily speaking), contingency based responses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users