• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Coops Solenopsis geminata colony

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Coops - Posted December 3 2017 - 11:07 AM

Coops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

So here's my Solenopsis geminata colony, I've raised this colony from queen and they now have an estimated population of about 1000-1200. They are fast growers, with the queen pushing out what seems like 30-50 eggs a day, with an average loss of around 5-10 ants a day judging from their ant graveyard they have created in the corner of they're arena! I keep they're nest temp at a gradient of 25-30c using a heat mat and an exo ministats, this seems to be they're favourite. I have a spot light on the arena during the day and have to refill they're water tube every two days because they never stop drinking aha.

xGhzIAkl.jpg

8D4AbVSl.jpg

Edited by Coops, December 4 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#2 Offline Coops - Posted December 3 2017 - 11:09 AM

Coops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Can anyone tell me how i upload pictures? I'm probably being stupid but i can't seem the find a way, hmm.

#3 Offline T.C. - Posted December 3 2017 - 11:14 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

http://www.formicult...to-post-photos/

I personally use imgur. However using the gallery here works well also.

“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#4 Offline Coops - Posted December 4 2017 - 12:13 PM

Coops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

http://www.formicult...to-post-photos/

I personally use imgur. However using the gallery here works well also.

Think I've finally worked it out! thanks for the help :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users