• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

ScrixxAnts Queen Adoption (Southern California, San Bernardino)

myrmecocystus mexicanus mimicus pheidole xerophila forelius pogonomyrmex rugosus

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Scrixx - Posted November 12 2017 - 11:41 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSan Bernardino County, CA.

The guy that wanted the last colony of Dorymyrmex insanus backed out, one left at $20. I held the colony for 2 weeks but they still haven't picked it up. She's got some decent sized larvae that are almost ready to pupate.

Edited by Scrixx, November 13 2017 - 6:51 AM.

ScrixxAnts Queen Adoption

YouTube: View my ants

Keeping: Camponotus sansabeanus - C. vicinus - Formica francoeuri - Liometopum occidentale -  Pogonomyrmex californicus - P. rugosus - P. subnitidus - Solenopsis molesta - S. xyloni - Tapinoma sessile - Temnothorax sp.

Journals: Camponotus sansabeanus & C. vicinus | Pogonomyrmex californicus & P. rugosus | Solenopsis molesta & S. xyloni

Discontinued: Pogonomyrmex subnitidus

#22 Offline AntsSanJoseCa - Posted November 24 2017 - 12:48 AM

AntsSanJoseCa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Scrixx do you have any honey pots Available?

#23 Offline Scrixx - Posted November 24 2017 - 1:18 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Scrixx do you have any honey pots Available?

Sorry I'm out of Honeypots. I have a couple I'm keeping for myself. If I change my mind I'd sell them but right now I'll be holding on to them.

Keeping: Camponotus sansabeanus - C. vicinus - Formica francoeuri - Liometopum occidentale -  Pogonomyrmex californicus - P. rugosus - P. subnitidus - Solenopsis molesta - S. xyloni - Tapinoma sessile - Temnothorax sp.

Journals: Camponotus sansabeanus & C. vicinus | Pogonomyrmex californicus & P. rugosus | Solenopsis molesta & S. xyloni

#24 Offline Scrixx - Posted February 10 2018 - 4:38 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Myrmecocystus mexicanus - Only one available - $125

Decided to only keep one of each Myrmecocystus colony so I'm selling this colony. Here's a very healthy M. mexicanus colony with a decent brood pile, some larvae are almost big enough to pupate. There's at least one cocoon that I can see and there are about 10 workers. They're in a natural dirt formicarium with an inner tube so they dig near the outer glass. The top of the inner tube comes off and you can water it. Only put a tablespoon at a time and see how humid the soil gets. I've gone two months without adding water but obviously you'll have to keep checking to make sure they're okay. Colony is 6 months old and doing well. They can probably stay in this formicarium for another year or even two. They only have two chambers and there's a whole lot of space left.

CBnaBoy.jpg

ZpkDGzD.jpg

Edited by Scrixx, February 16 2018 - 7:35 PM.

• T.C. and sirjordanncurtis like this

#25 Offline Scrixx - Posted February 10 2018 - 4:50 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Myrmecocystus mimicus - Only one available - $125

Decided to only keep one of each Myrmecocystus colony so I'm selling this colony. Here's my Myrmecocystus mimicus colony with a decent brood pile, bigger pile than the M. mexicanus but the larvae are smaller. I'm estimating about 15-20 eggs/larvae on there. There are about 8 workers. They're in a natural dirt formicarium with an inner tube so they dig near the outer glass. The top of the inner tube comes off and you can water it. Be careful with this one when adding water, add no more than a teaspoon at a time and check back an hour later before you add more. I've gone two months without adding water but obviously you'll have to keep checking to make sure they're okay. Colony is 6 months old and doing well. They can probably stay in this formicarium for another year or even two. They only have two chambers and there's a whole lot of space left.

Check out her really distended gaster! She's in full egg production mode.

Edited by Scrixx, February 25 2018 - 10:37 PM.

#26 Offline Scrixx - Posted February 16 2018 - 7:40 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Myrmecocystus mexicanus sold. Get the Myrmecocystus mimicus while you can!

#27 Offline Scrixx - Posted February 25 2018 - 10:38 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Sold both honeypot queens. Better luck next time!

#28 Offline Combat842590 - Posted May 7 2018 - 6:35 PM

Combat842590

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello do you still have Pheidole xerophila

#29 Offline Scrixx - Posted May 31 2018 - 7:43 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Camponotus sansabeanus

Price: 50$

Size: Large, 16~mm

1 Queen, 1-10 workers in 16mm x 125mm glass test tube

aSrugmj.png

Edited by Scrixx, June 1 2018 - 1:35 PM.

#30 Offline Scrixx - Posted June 1 2018 - 2:17 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

No longer available

Formica francoeuri

Size: Large

Available: 7

3x 1 Queen in 16mm x 125mm glass test tube - 20$

Newly caught queens! They're almost as big as Camponotus queens and they have a high success rate. Most queens have already laid eggs!

There are no guarantees since they have no workers yet. That's why I'm selling them cheap and in a bundle. There should be no problems if you get three!

Edited by Scrixx, June 16 2018 - 12:33 PM.

#31 Offline Scrixx - Posted June 13 2018 - 1:26 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Notice: I'll be in San Diego on 06/24/18! If anyone in San Diego would like to order an ant, I'll bring it and we can meet in San Diego! 

#32 Offline Scrixx - Posted July 9 2018 - 7:52 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Tapinoma sessile now have workers and Formica francoeuri are on sale with 33% off or get 50% off if you buy two!

Formica francoeuri - ON SALE!

Price:  $30  $20 or 2 for $30

Size: Medium

Available: 11

1 Queen, 1-5 workers in 16mm x 125mm glass test tube

Tapinoma sessile

Price: $20

Size: Small

Available: 8

#33 Offline Scrixx - Posted July 24 2018 - 12:31 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Special offer!

I caught queens on 07/24/18 and am letting them go in bundles, queens only as they're newly caught! Buy 15 queens and get a free Formica francoeuri colony of 1 queen with 1+ workers! 

Disclaimer: Since these are newly caught queens I cannot guarantee their fertility. I am giving them in bundles to alleviate the risk of infertility. The majority of these queens will be fertile but the bundle is there just in case of extremely bad luck.

Solenopsis xyloni - 2 Queens for $15, 5 Queens for $30, 10 Queens for $50

xlCq3L6.pngtzm3tDo.png

Solenopsis molesta - 5 Queens for $30, 10 Queens for $50

CPKBGRI.pngKIpPPWN.png

Temnothorax sp. - 5 Queens for $30, 10 Queens for 50$

xCKXme4.pngnFtEiJ3.png

Edited by Scrixx, August 21 2018 - 10:42 AM.

#34 Offline Tommy.y - Posted July 25 2018 - 8:03 PM

Tommy.y

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Hey I'm interested can we chat

#35 Offline dermy - Posted August 6 2018 - 11:23 AM

dermy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationCanada

Hey I'm interested can we chat

Hi welcome to the forum.

Please make sure to read the forum rules and such which can be found here:

http://www.formicult...12-forum-rules/

Edited by dermy, August 6 2018 - 12:05 PM.

#36 Offline TofuAnts - Posted August 6 2018 - 5:02 PM

TofuAnts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello I’m also interested and would like to message you

#37 Offline Scrixx - Posted August 13 2018 - 9:20 AM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posting to say I talked to the previous posts through messages. 

#38 Offline Scrixx - Posted August 21 2018 - 11:09 AM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Solenopsis xyloni 

Available: 10

xlCq3L6.pngtzm3tDo.png

Edited by Scrixx, September 20 2018 - 8:51 PM.

#39 Offline TheAntGuy - Posted September 20 2018 - 8:16 PM

TheAntGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMoreno Valley California
Can you DM me exactly what you still have left, this thread is somewhat confusing, thanks in advance.
Check out my journals, instagram, and youtube channel.

Insta: @theantguy17

Youtube: The Ant Guy

#40 Offline Scrixx - Posted September 20 2018 - 8:51 PM

Scrixx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Can you DM me exactly what you still have left, this thread is somewhat confusing, thanks in advance.

Can you please tell me what is confusing so I can fix it? 

Here's a list of all available species at the moment for everyone

Camponotus sansabeanus
Price: $50
Size: Large, 16~mm
Available: 2
1 Queen, 3-10 workers in 16mm x 125mm glass test tube
2GGVgQO.png

Formica francoeuri
Price:  $20 
Size: Medium
Available: 5
1 Queen, 5-15 workers in 16mm x 125mm glass test tube
IlfstaM.png

Solenopsis xyloni 
Available: 10
5wOTtts.png

Tapinoma sessile
Available: 2
DkpvjBE.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: myrmecocystus mexicanus, mimicus, pheidole xerophila, forelius, pogonomyrmex rugosus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users