• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Tennessee Ant Keepers help please!!!

tennessee solenopsis fire ants

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline xTNxANTMANx - Posted August 8 2017 - 1:56 AM

xTNxANTMANx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationWest TN
Ok, so heres the deal, I had 2 Solenopsis richteri queens and they were both doing great! Already had nanitics and growing strong...until one day (2 days ago) I noticed their cotton was pulled and the queens gone. After some looking I not only found their cotton plugs but also their remains and the remains of a Camponotus pennsylvanicus queen and 2 of my Tetramorium caspitum queens...the culprit, a damn mouse!!! Dead mouse now but anyway, I'm in desperate need of at least 1 more Solenopsis richteri or invicta queen. Multiple would be better and it doesn't matter if they are freshly caught or have workers/nanitics already. I have numerous species I could trade or I'll buy if that's what's needed. please help!!! This was/is my most wanted species and I would hate to have to wait another year :-(. XD Thanks to any who can help me...
Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Camponotus pennsylvanicusx3 (founding)
Dorymyrmex bureni
Formica pallidefulva x3
Formica subsericea x4
Tetramorium immigrans

Have kept many other ant species but now keep over 100 tarantulas and other inverts! Mantids, centipedes, and scorpions to name a few 😁

#2 Offline FeedTheAnts - Posted August 8 2017 - 3:44 PM

FeedTheAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationVirginia

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm afraid I'm out of these :(

I accidentally froze all my ants 

#3 Offline xTNxANTMANx - Posted August 14 2017 - 11:29 AM

xTNxANTMANx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationWest TN
So I have talked to a couple people and apparently Solenopsis fly up until like the end of September especially with this rain and warm humid days they could be out and about if you wouldn't mind keeping your eye out. I would be happy to purchase any or trade.
Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Camponotus pennsylvanicusx3 (founding)
Dorymyrmex bureni
Formica pallidefulva x3
Formica subsericea x4
Tetramorium immigrans

Have kept many other ant species but now keep over 100 tarantulas and other inverts! Mantids, centipedes, and scorpions to name a few 😁

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tennessee, solenopsis, fire ants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users