• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

My Pheidole pilifera colony

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline Kanye2020 - Posted July 21 2017 - 10:06 PM

Kanye2020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationIowa

How i got this queen ant well on 7/20/17 i was out side around 4:30 pm looking up at the clouds watching a storm front move in. Which makes me think huh i wonder if any ants will fly tomorrow so then i go over to this little kiddy pool for my dogs and i look at it. I see a few fly's in it that drowned then i see one of them wiggling then i realize it is a queen ant so i pick it up and take it in side and put it in a test tube set up. As i look at it i see that it is a tetrimorium queen. So i go back out side to see if there are anymore queens then i see 1 more so i pick it up think well it's a tetrimorium queen. After looking at it a bit i realized it was a Pheidole queen ant which is funny because i was wanting to find those types of ants this year. Then well now i have one i will update this when the queen has her nanitics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users