• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Lasius neoniger+Lasius umbratus 10-19-14

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted October 19 2014 - 12:30 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

2 Species of Lasius.jpg

#2 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted October 19 2014 - 12:33 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Nice! ;)

#3 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted October 19 2014 - 12:35 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

Nice! ;)

I hope they don't kill each other, I would love to see a mixed colony. :)

#4 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted October 19 2014 - 12:39 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Wait, I am unfamiliar with Lasius. You put a parasitic and a non parasitic queen together? If so, make a formicarium in which the two cannot come in contact, for example, make passages only large enough for the workers to get through, and put the queens into separate chambers! :D

#5 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted October 19 2014 - 12:42 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

Wait, I am unfamiliar with Lasius. You put a parasitic and a non parasitic queen together? If so, make a formicarium in which the two cannot come in contact, for example, make passages only large enough for the workers to get through, and put the queens into separate chambers! :D

Ummm, I'm pretty sure it will be alright for now... anyway all I have seen is the parasites were chewing at the neoniger's wings for some reason...

#6 Offline AntsAreUs - Posted October 20 2014 - 1:02 PM

AntsAreUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationMarion, IN

I just got home today to find one of the parasites killed the other parasite! ;) This is a learning experience!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users