• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Which ant keeping video introduced you to the hobby?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline soulsynapse - Posted July 27 2017 - 3:05 PM

soulsynapse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Trying to put together a playlist to introduce people to the hobby   :D Which is your favorites? Which do you show people who don't keep ants?

Edited by soulsynapse, July 27 2017 - 3:11 PM.

Come join 3,400 other ant keepers on the Antkeeping Discord

14,000 messages a day

Friendly and helpful :D

#2 Offline Alex_Ants - Posted July 29 2017 - 2:01 PM

Alex_Ants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I personally wasn't introduce by any video, but instead by my dad who is an entomologist and loved ants when he was a kid as well. Although I would probably show people Ants canada videos because of how friendly they are to the unexperienced.

#3 Offline FeedTheAnts - Posted July 29 2017 - 2:43 PM

FeedTheAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationVirginia

It's funny that you ask this. I've always been into bugs and was searching youtube for videos on how to make a bottle terrarium for plants and then youtube recommended that I watch a video of someone moving an ant colony into a tank name the "Hacienda Del Dorado". As soon as I saw that this colony had queens and brood and wasn't just a regular ant farm, I knew it was something that I would love to do. Within 2 days I had already caught a P.imparis queen that stupid old me let escape. About 2 and a half months later I caught my colony of Formica that I named the Abdolemons. I now have three colonies but, one of them I may be releasing soon due to them not doing well at all :(

I accidentally froze all my ants 

#4 Offline Gabraime - Posted July 29 2017 - 7:42 PM

Gabraime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
I like antscanada videos and antsaustralia with Jordan.
  • FeedTheAnts likes this

#5 Offline Ants_Texas - Posted July 29 2017 - 8:24 PM

Ants_Texas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationTexas

My first ant video was Mikey's weaver ant terrarium.

#6 Offline Carterbuck - Posted July 30 2017 - 9:36 AM

Carterbuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOhio
Ants canada 2 story outworld.
  • FeedTheAnts likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users