• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Weird Liquid From Founding Queen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline super_oil - Posted June 19 2017 - 9:51 PM

super_oil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Does anybody know why one of my new Crematogaster pinicola queens is leaking some sort of liquid from her? I never saw her excrete anything but there are just spots of dried black liquid in the test tube. This has never happened with any other of my queens. It has been four days since I've caught her and she laid no eggs so far. I saw her ripping her wings off after I caught her tho.

Just a little boy that likes ants. I try my best to be mature and competent.

My Colonies

Camponotus floridanus

Crematogaster pinicola

#2 Offline ultraex2 - Posted June 21 2017 - 9:36 AM

ultraex2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

No idea... Maybe it's sick or something?  It might be worth trying to look at it very closely to see if there are mites or anything else that could be causing it.

#3 Offline 123LordOfAnts123 - Posted June 21 2017 - 12:19 PM

123LordOfAnts123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
Sounds like ant poop. I've had fresh queens discharge surprising amounts, ranging from dark blobs that quickly dried to a white light filmy substance that they tend to smear all over the tube. In most cases it seems to be normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users