• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Dynamic nuptial flight table for formiculture.com

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Barristan - Posted June 15 2017 - 1:25 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBindlach, Bavaria, Germany

Hi,

I worked on a dynamic nuptial flight table to be used by this forum as a replacement for the static html tables. I uploaded a first version to my webspace: https://crazyants.de...l_formiculture/

What do you think?

• Batspiderfish and T.C. like this

#2 Offline Martialis - Posted June 15 2017 - 2:58 AM

Martialis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationMississippi

I like it. When you search/change tables, though, it's a bit on the slow side.

Spoiler

#3 Offline yazetta - Posted June 15 2017 - 5:20 AM

yazetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMato Grosso do Sul

This is very useful, the filters, and search tool are really good, thanks for the work. I have some doubts, what the numbers means? and about the behavior of the ants on the nuptial flights, the climate is directly connected with this phase, right? So these chart is only based on US  ants comportment? Because i was analising the table and i noticed that in the category of Global, NA or Southwest US just change the species, is it correct?

#4 Offline Barristan - Posted June 15 2017 - 6:43 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBindlach, Bavaria, Germany

Yep I noticed that too maybe it's improvable.

This is very useful, the filters, and search tool are really good, thanks for the work. I have some doubts, what the numbers means? and about the behavior of the ants on the nuptial flights, the climate is directly connected with this phase, right? So these chart is only based on US  ants comportment? Because i was analising the table and i noticed that in the category of Global, NA or Southwest US just change the species, is it correct?

If you have questions about the data you have to ask them drew since I only used the tables posted in the thread: http://www.formicult...ngmating-chart/

• yazetta likes this

#5 Offline AntswerMe - Posted June 15 2017 - 6:41 PM

AntswerMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida, United States of America
It's quite a neat thing to make, and convenient. Nice.

#6 Offline Saltynuts - Posted June 16 2017 - 10:16 AM

Saltynuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Very nice!

#7 Offline yazetta - Posted June 16 2017 - 7:34 PM

yazetta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMato Grosso do Sul

My questions was based on the possibility for i use these informations on my searchings in Brazil, because the climate is different and i was in doubt if have the same result, in the case, nuptial flight frequency... So later you answered me, i asked to drew, and below is the answer (if someone have the same question).

The charts were made with reports of people that visualized the action of the nuptial flight, so the numbers means the amound of individuals accounts working by a confidence level of probability.

Yep I noticed that too maybe it's improvable.

If you have questions about the data you have to ask them drew since I only used the tables posted in the thread: http://www.formicult...ngmating-chart/

My questions was based on the possibility for i use these informations on my searchings in Brazil, because the climate is different and i was in doubt if have the same result, in the case, nuptial flight frequency... So later you answered me, i asked to drew, and below is the answer (if someone have the same question).

The charts were made with reports of people that visualized the action of the nuptial flight, so the numbers means the amount of individuals accounts, making the tables works by a confidence level of probability.

#8 Offline dspdrew - Posted June 17 2017 - 4:49 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

That's a pretty cool chart.

The charts were made with reports of people that visualized the action of the nuptial flight, so the numbers means the amount of individuals accounts, making the tables works by a confidence level of probability.

Would this happen to have been translated to another language and then back to English again? haha

The numbers are the number of reports. Therefor they can be treated as a confidence level, or probability. Also, keep in mind these are not all reports of nuptial flights. The vast majority are reports of alates or dealates spotted, and this doesn't include alates seen hanging around a nest.

• yazetta likes this

#9 Offline Ants Galore - Posted June 26 2017 - 7:38 AM

Ants Galore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Thanks you so much for the chart! Very neat and organized.

#10 Offline Loops117 - Posted June 26 2017 - 7:46 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

Wow, what an awesome idea! Great Job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users