• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Greg's Tetramorium sp. Journal (Discontinued)

pavement ant journal tetramorium tetramorium caespitum tetramorium sp.e

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted February 17 2016 - 12:46 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Update: 2/17/2016

So... I... I uhhh accidentally dehydrated this colony along with my large Crematogaster sp.1 colony.

The colony went from the queen, ~1200 workers, and ~300 brood to the queen, ~30 workers, and ~50 brood. The queen has laid eggs since the disaster so I do not think she is damaged, and I do believe and hope this colony will bounce back.

#62 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted April 10 2016 - 4:31 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Update: 4/10/2016

The colony is starting to make its comeback now. I need to start thinking of a formicarium design with an easy hydration system so I do not dehydrate them again. :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pavement ant, journal, tetramorium, tetramorium caespitum, tetramorium sp.e

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users