• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

worker ID Sabrevois, Québec, Canada 05/27/2017

Best Answer Nathant2131 , May 27 2017 - 9:44 AM

Lasius (niger-group) sp. Close shots of the mandibles (to show the teeth) and antennal scapes (to show the hair) will reveal the species.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Fremille - Posted May 27 2017 - 9:39 AM

Fremille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

1. Location of collection: Sabrevois, Qc. Canada. (southern Quebec, approx. 30 miles from Vermont US border)

2. Date of collection: May 27 2017

3. Habitat of collection: Rural area, collected under a small piece of sheet metal

4. Length: 5mm

5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Black and shade of grey

I have a lots of those small colonies in my backyard. Thank you!

Photo%20042.jpgPhoto%20043.jpgPhoto%20045.jpg

#2 Offline Nathant2131 - Posted May 27 2017 - 9:44 AM   Best Answer

Nathant2131

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationDracut, Massachusetts

Lasius (niger-group) sp. Close shots of the mandibles (to show the teeth) and antennal scapes (to show the hair) will reveal the species.

• Fremille likes this

#3 Offline Fremille - Posted May 27 2017 - 10:14 AM

Fremille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thanks a lot Nathan2131.

I think i must get a strong magnifying glass and or a good macro picture camera to capture close shots. 

• Nathant2131 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users